Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

internet timing out

Options
  • 25-11-2008 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hey guys

Im just after transferring from Eircom to Perlico. What is happening is when I use my internet banking or when I am writing a email after about 2-3minutes the page expires and asks me to log in again. It doesnt happen though if I only send a quick email. This never really happened when I was with Eircom.

I rang Eircom and they said I had to contact Perilco. They didnt have much of an answer for me, except change my email address to gmail or write the email in notepad and copy and past it which I dont really want to do.

So I was told to come here and you might be able to help me out. Im using IE. Thought about using firefox but dont know if that would help. Eircom said to me that my IP's were conflicting and that I had intermittent sync problems.

Any help would be appreciated.

*edit* was told to post here instead of the computer section.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Did u ever sort this out? I am also getting timeouts with Perlico after 10 mins with a friends broadband

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

There is usually an option in the router either to connect on demand or to stay connected. (In a xyzel I saw recently it said something like nail up connection)
    It may be that the router is disconnecting during idle periods. Have a look at your settings and see if this might be the cause.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

there is only 1 screen on the router and no options on it to change anything which is very odd. I am actually beginning to consider if it just might be that Perlico in Castlebar are crap. He told me last nite that the could see that the laptop was actually connected to the router but the net was not working.

Advertisement