Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

no dashboard lights

Options
  • 26-11-2008 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi,

I fitted a car stereo into an 01 Nissan Micra (Japanese import) and now the dashboard lights will not work. I have tested all of the fuses and they seem to be fine. Any advice/suggestions/help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

You may inadvertently shorted the circuit or disconnected a wire. Remove the plug from the new stereo and see if the problem persists. Check all the connections to be sure.

I'm not sure about Nissans, but on some cars there is no fuse for the dash lights - the bulbs themselves are more sensitive than a fuse. On others the fuse for the dash lights is usually connected to either the left or right parking light circuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Skipper12

Thanks for that I had checked all the fuses and they seem fine so will check connections tomorrow. If the lights still dont come on I suppose it means replacing the bulbs :(

Advertisement