Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most suitable mobile for elderly person with poor eyesight

• 26-11-2008 12:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭

I'd be interested in people's opinions on this. I'm very familiar with all the latest mobiles but I'm not sure what phone to recommend to my 80-something year-old grandmother who would like to have a mobile for emergencies and whatnot.

Her eyesight is pretty bad so it needs to clearly display letters and numbers on the screen and have quite a big keypad, and it needs to be easy to use because of her age.

No real need for cameras and all the other gizmos and bells and whistles.

All suggestions welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

the LG u830 chocolate has a very easy to see screen and a very easy to see keypad.....i'd say it's the best pensioner phone around....granny will be impressed.;)

u830_15.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/340/C16616/

You see similar phones in US websites etc. Maybe get a kids phone? http://www.fireflymobile.com/

We have an vodafone easy to use phone that my dad used to have. I'll try and find it and take a photo of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

the nokia 3109 or 3110 with its large text font for the phonebook and sms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭mobileplaza

the nokia 3109 or 3110 with its large text font for the phonebook and sms

get my vote, nice clear font on screen and buttons are reasonably big

Advertisement