Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Road works noise and the law

• 26-11-2008 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hello - what time are road works near / beside residential areas supposed to stop creating loud noise with the likes of Jack Hammers? And what time can they start in the morning? Anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

cathkc wrote: »
    Hello - what time are road works near / beside residential areas supposed to stop creating loud noise with the likes of Jack Hammers? And what time can they start in the morning? Anyone know?

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/environment/environmental-protection/noise_regulations

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭0141607

hey did you ever figure this out..its 22.03 some guys outside our apt diggin with a jack hammer..since 6.. 4of them watching 2other guys (besides the point i know) but i dont know how much more of it i can take..its un bareable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭time lord

cathkc wrote: »
    The hours are 8 to 8. After 8 pm noise must reduce to about 40-45 dcbls. I am front line staff who enforces this for a local authority. I check if the complaint is warrented and then pass it up the line if the complaint is true. I often recheck and go head to head with digger drivers and contact their bosses directly. If they are not quick enough to comply I will come down on them like a tonne of bricks. Noise pollution has its own legislation and your local authority should help you on foot of one call. ps I know some local authoritys are crap!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

Noise abatement is in its infancy in this country and the laws aren't much good for shift workers who are givven little consideration, despite their increasing numbers in our 24/7 culture.
    I remember on guy nearly going mad from lack of sleep during the building of the Luas when he was working night shift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

I was sleeping late one morning towards the end of 2006 and was woken up when my whole house wobbled suddenly. Dynamite explosion from work on the M8 Cashel to Mitchelstown scheme!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Furet wrote: »
    I was sleeping late one morning towards the end of 2006 and was woken up when my whole house wobbled suddenly. Dynamite explosion from work on the M8 Cashel to Mitchelstown scheme!

As opposed to an expected wobble of your house!

Arklow Rock quarry used blow up Wednesdays at 3pm, the boom could be heard several miles away if it was calm, while the thump in the ground could be felt about 2 miles away just before hearing the bang.

back On topic,
    I remember guys digging up botanic road one evening and I was tired ad cranky and as the nine o'clock news came on I went out to tell them to shut up bt they were just finished - I always assumed the quiet time was 9pm since, they obviously stole an hour on me....

Advertisement