Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3pay upgrade

• 26-11-2008 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know whether I would have to move from my current 3pay plan with 5c texts etc. to the current fairly crap 3pay plan if I upgraded?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Not for your upgrade....you can keep your existing price plan if you want....but if you change to the new one you won't be able to change back...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Thanks drunkmonkey! The new priceplans don't suit my use and was considering a move to meteor but the data prices of three are too good to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Feck, the following is a way longer post than I wanted to do. In summary, I lost my upgrade for waiting a month and am annoyed:

Turns out this doesn't matter anymore. They've removed my offer of an upgrade from the site and i've been told that it's because I haven't topped up for a few months (due to my phone being out of action) I haven't spent €200 in credit this year. It's a pain because I've been on 3pay with this number for over 3 years and last time I changed phones they didn't even offer upgrades so I got no extra credit then.

It was fine this time last month, the phone I wanted just came down to the same price as it is on the website (as I was expecting it to - it seemed strange that there was a €30 difference on a low priced phone (€129) with no mention on the website of it being discounted) but now I've missed out for waiting.
    I didn't realise they imposed yearly minimum spends, I thought it was your spend since you got you got you last upgraded or got a new number.
    I haven't topped up on o2 for ages but they still offered me a loyalty upgrade.

They're telling me to just get a new number. They're losing out that way as the phone costs the exact same and they have to give me more credit. I suppose that counts as an extra customer for them. I don't want to change my number though, I started using an old number recently and some of my mates keep texting the wrong one no matter how many times I tell them, I don't want to be throwing a new number into the works! I could just throw away the new sim like I did last time but all that lovely credit just goes down the drain.

The only thing I can do to get the credit is switch networks and switch back but then I'll be on the new 3pay price plan, I don't like that plan which is why I started this thread!

:mad:

/rant

Advertisement