Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Strict are Banks re: Payee on Cheques?

Options
  • 26-11-2008 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭

Lets say there is a company called Zebra Heating and Plumbing.

And the bank Account name is registered as Zebra Heating and Plumbing

Assuming the business owner was lodging into his own business account, which of the following customer cheques would the banks NOT accept.

a) Zebra Heating
    b) Zebra Plumbing
    c) Zebra Heat
    d) Zebra Plumbers and Heat

Or would they accept all of them ?

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

TBH it depends a lot no the branch ur lodging them in, and who the cashiers are. If they know u and know the cheques are genuinely meant for that account, then ul probably be ok. If they were going into a personal account or an account like say Elephant Heating and Plumbing then they shouldn't be allowed go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I often receive cheques that are spelt wrong and have the second part of the company name completely wrong. My bank have never questioned this as I'm sure it happens to companies all the time.

Advertisement