Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This Sunday..

Options
  • 26-11-2008 1:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone fancy a doggie walk?.

We've a choice of St.Annes park, Portmarnock, Dollymount, Phoenix Park or for the bull breed owner's - Ballymun or Ballyfermot :P

Seriously, anyone up for one of those places. Say, 12 noon?.

If your an internet stalker identify yourself with a ski-mask, duct tape and cable ties please...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭beth-lou

Hey Mairt,

Just in relation to St Annes, you can only walk your dog off lead before 11am or for the last daylight hour.

We actually had a woman screaming at us to keep our dogs on leads at 10 in the morning. I told her if she didn't like dogs she should come to the park after 11, as they'd all be tied up at that time. But before, they're allowed off.

Just a heads up. And Dollymount won't let dogs off lead at any time. I know a few people who have been told to put their dogs on the lead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

beth-lou wrote: »
    Hey Mairt,

Just in relation to St Annes, you can only walk your dog off lead before 11am or for the last daylight hour.

We actually had a woman screaming at us to keep our dogs on leads at 10 in the morning. I told her if she didn't like dogs she should come to the park after 11, as they'd all be tied up at that time. But before, they're allowed off.

Just a heads up. And Dollymount won't let dogs off lead at any time. I know a few people who have been told to put their dogs on the lead.

Thanks, something to bare in mind incase anyone wished to go.

Dogs are allowed off the lead on Portmarnock from end of Sept - June 1st, except mine of course :(

And in regards to St.Annes, I hate the attitude of the vast majority of people using it - both dog walkers and strollers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Just thought I'd mention, even though the majority of boards dog walkers are dublin based. The curragh is a great place to walk your dog off lead. Miles and miles of grass, sheep and other dogs. :)

Just thought I'd mention, even though the majority of boards dog walkers are dublin based. The curragh is a great place to walk your dog off lead. Miles and miles of grass, sheep and other dogs. :)

Wel no one seem's interested in this one, so I guess we'll try again in the new year..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

If it was ballymun i'd show up but my half donkey tends to create panic among bystanders when he's off the lead :pac:

Plus im off out fordin for the weekend in three hours :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LovelyTom

I'd be up for this, i can get to st annes or dollymount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Discostuy

Im close to Portmarnock beach, so i would be up for there.
    Im not allowed have my two off the lead either :mad: ...but it could be good as im trying to get one of mine better trained on the lead around other dogs. She gets so hyper and wants to run to every dog she see's (its out of fun, she isnt aggressive so no worries)

Great so, we'll make it 12 noon.

Tom, I can pick you up if you wish to make it to Portmarnock - your only down the road from me. And btw, I didn't see you in Judo training last week!..

Anyway, Dolly'er, St. Annes or Portmarnock - whats the easiest for the majority?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LovelyTom

Yeah cool. I'll pm you my number.

I was at training this thursday, i can't do tuesdays cause of the obedience training and last thursday it was my grannies birthday so had to celebrate with the family.

So in portmarnock then?

LovelyTom wrote: »
    Yeah cool. I'll pm you my number.

I was at training this thursday, i can't do tuesdays cause of the obedience training and last thursday it was my grannies birthday so had to celebrate with the family.

So in portmarnock then?

Yes, I'll be at the sea front on Portmarnock tomorrow at 12 noon.

Tall, very tight red hair and I'm sure most people here know my dogs by now.

I was on the beach yesterday afternoon, and again it was empty (I'm wondering about all the beach nazi's who hassle me during the warmer months, where are they now?). And although a little chilly, it was glorious.

I had the lads down there for over two hours with a free run of the beach, and with the sunshine and calm sea I could have imagined I was anywhere else in the world!.

Here's some pix of the beach from yesterday..

attachment.php?attachmentid=67549&stc=1&d=1227959200

attachment.php?attachmentid=67550&stc=1&d=1227959257

attachment.php?attachmentid=67551&stc=1&d=1227959309

And guess where I'm off to now..

'Tis good for the soul, I'd never move far from the sea.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

i'd love to do it the next time! we are having guests tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Come a bit further *wesht* next time and I'll join ya with the Dog of Death :D

No one for noon then?.

Just me and Tom so far :(

Well just Tom, me and the dogs.

The beach was fantastic, lots of strollers but the dogs got off the leads for almost an entire hour to run & chase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I'd have loved to go, but am a bit too pregnant to be running around after Star on a beach lol...

Maybe when I have the baby!!

Advertisement