Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surgery in the North or abroad.

Options
  • 26-11-2008 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hey all I've been diagnosed with a significant bulge in my L5/S1 disc. It's looking as though surgery is my last option (I've done physio, osteopathy, chiropractic, etc). As I have no insurance I will have to pay outta my pocket for the surgery, a lumbar microdiscectomy. In my "shopping around" the dublin area I've found significant differences between prices and doctors. So I'm wondering if it would be any cheaper/better if I were to go up North or abroad. Does anyone have any experience with this or any even tips on where to begin looking?

I've also been told that the new budget cuts will affect my Medical tax relief in the new year and therefore if i'm paying out of my pocket to get it done this year while the tax relief is still good. Can anyone confirm that?

thanks in advance.

Advertisement