Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New fascist mod required. Apply within.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Shmuck wrote: »
    -Allow boardsie's to insult anyone for anything, you won't even need to have a reason to insult someone, just as long as the insults aren't overboard. The internet is no place for fragile souls who have a breakdown because some anonymous poster called them a ****.

-Allow threads about any topic in afterhours as long as it's something that a lot of people will be interested in reading, and which they wouldn't otherwise see as the forum it should of been in doesn't have a lot of traffic.

-All threads will be left open unless a serious offense has been committed in the thread by a poster, such as a death threat. Otherwise threads will always be kept open and will not be deleted or locked. Its not my job to lock a thread just because I don't agree with what is being said in it.

I think you're looking for Thunderdome.
    Its that way ====>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Shmuck

I think you're looking for Thunderdome.
    Its that way ====>

nah you can only insult someone there if they post in that forum

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Terry wrote: »
    We tried that once about a year or so ago.
    We ended up with some loon ranting about that David Icke guy and lizard people for about 50 pages.

And that thread and the loons involved were brilliant. Self moderation it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

How about a song instead?

Go Johnny 5!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

What I am most interested in, as an aside, is why this particular modship is seen as such a poison chalice?

Yeah, I wonder that too. It must be awful altogether if 6th isn't begging for it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

J.Fritzl and After Hours has a good ring to it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

if I'm made mod I will permaban anyone who can't tell the difference between you're and your

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

MooseJam wrote: »
    if I'm made mod I will permaban anyone who can't tell the difference between you're and your
    Your kidding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

stepbar wrote: »
    O no not another 26 pages of "I want to be a mod" *sigh*

Seriously folks....

Indeed.

This culture of moderation obsession, post whoring and virtual one upmanship (aka e-penii) is bizarre.

On most other sites, nobody knows (or gives a damn) who the mods are.

Still, it's where boards is at now, and one more reason why, in some ways and among some quarters, it's well on the way to disappearing up its own fundamentals.

Rest assured that despite some consideration being given to the amount of thanks some people get (and I have no reason to doubt Herr K on this) far more weight will be given to what the incumbents have to say.

Nothing wrong with that-but it makes such a rush for the last Rolo a little pointless...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Add in anyone who can't tell the difference between been/being and queue/cue, and you get my vote

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

How about knee-capping anyone using text speak? (Shudder......)

Rest assured that despite some consideration being given to the amount of thanks some people get (and I have no reason to doubt Herr K on this) far more weight will be given to what the incumbents have to say.

Nothing wrong with that-but it makes such a rush for the last Rolo a little pointless...

I doubt many (if any) actually believe anything they say in this thread, whether it's a poem or not, will matter a jot as to whether they are even considered. The biggest gobshite, shit-stirrer on boards could post a load of funny jokes and still wouldn't get considered. It's basically a toss your name in the hat except we can have a bit of fun as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

javaboy wrote: »
    The people have spoken.

/throws hat firmly into ring

Noooooo!!!! Please don't do it! What will happen if the joy you bring to AH turns into the disillusioned sweaty narcoleptic insomniac constantly drunk surlyness that is the typical AH mod?????* What will we do then?

*Dudess included dammit!

I doubt many (if any) actually believe anything they say in this thread, whether it's a poem or not, will matter a jot as to whether they are even considered. The biggest gobshite, shit-stirrer on boards could post a load of funny jokes and still wouldn't get considered. It's basically a toss your name in the hat except we can have a bit of fun as well.

That's my reading of it, but some are taking it rather to heart, and seriously :)

Anyway, the gigs mine, right?

That's my reading of it, but some are taking it rather to heart, and seriously :)

And as soon as they read my post, their hearts will break and their spirits crushed. We'll then have a new wave of super-trolls for the new mod to deal with. It's the after hours way.

That's what the New World Order and the lizard people say.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

and thar she blows.

A vote for Zuroph will put more money in your pockets this christmas*
    http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n116/zuroph/me100dollarxmas.png

*Money may not be redeemable anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Noooooo!!!! Please don't do it! What will happen if the joy you bring to AH turns into the disillusioned sweaty narcoleptic insomniac constantly drunk surlyness that is the typical AH mod?????* What will we do then?

*Dudess included dammit!
    I resent that.
    I'm the only surly drunk here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I'll give my support to javaboy too. I tend to agree with most of his posts.

Though I do reserve the right to flip flop on my decision if it looks obvious that someone else is going to win in order to gain some brown nosing points. I hope you understand.

Shhh., we haven't gone public on the kappa yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

But what about my AH birth mark?
    I though I was the chosen one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Shhh., we haven't gone public on the kappa yet.

Oh please. RTDH has been on to you and your lizard people shenanigans for years.

javaboy wrote: »
    Oh please. RTDH has been on to you and your lizard people shenanigans for years.

Two words, jb. Plausible deniability.

Oh, you have PM.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Two words, jb. Plausible deniability.

Oh, you have PM.

This is incredibly exciting stuff to the casual observer.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Were you not supposed to keep it under your hat...

Oh, that birthmark means that you are chosen not to be the one. Sorry for any confusion.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Anna

Or failing that, a fat black female satanist who doesnt know how to signal on roundabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

:eek:
    The real reason people want to become a mod!

Access to free sex!
    :eek:

(I almost feel like RTTH if only I could link it to big brother...)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

dont pick me ! im a bad choise. i would have deleted this thread for spamming after the 2nd or 3rd post !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

Hmm I dunno, you all have lovely bottoms.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Pick a random mod every week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement