Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Turners Cross Motors, 29/11/08

Options
  • 26-11-2008 1:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭

Just a heads up to Cork members that Turners Cross are auctioning off aload of stock this Saturday due to the closure of vw/audi.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭richardsheil

jimboddb wrote: »
    Just a heads up to Cork members that Turners Cross are auctioning off aload of stock this Saturday due to the closure of vw/audi.

Who would have thought it. The whole of VW Audi closing down and the whole shebang going for auction in cork. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Oh how the mighty have fallen. Good ridance:D

I wonder though will they leave bidders standing like pr1cks for half an hour before going fuping off on their lunch...

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Wonder what prices will be like.... Starts at 3pm, Might try and pick myself up a mk5 golf or audi a4 if prices are right :p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Was stacks of cars down there a few weeks ago when i had a look around, mostly VWs. Good few brand new A4 Cabriolets marked down by €10K or more. Mazda 6 Exec Diesel 08, ex Demo was €25K from €33K!!!!! That one didn't last long.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭jimboddb

They're a right shower of pricks but if the price is right i might do some shopping myself. They've a massive stock of nearly new golfs at the mo.

• Advertisement

Where is it going to be I wonder? In the showroom? outside?

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Dermo123

Also I would check the description matches the vehicle as they can be notorious for misdescribing a car ie petrol/diesel, manual/auto etc, just my experience. Also I believe they have an auction list with reserve prices. The prices on the website are the same as the reserve from what I have checked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

ya there's rakes of them parked out the front. wonder how low the reserves are though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

They have them listed on their website, the reserves are set at the current asking price - if you pay them a visit before the auction you will surely get a few more quid off.

X.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

xabi wrote: »
    They have them listed on their website, the reserves are set at the current asking price - if you pay them a visit before the auction you will surely get a few more quid off.

X.

Makes an auction kind of pointless then if the reserve is similar to the forecourt price. Publicity stunt in order to get people interested?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

bazz26 wrote: »
    Makes an auction kind of pointless then if the reserve is similar to the forecourt price. Publicity stunt in order to get people interested?

Exactly what it is, cant imagine they will sell many.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

xabi wrote: »
    Exactly what it is, cant imagine they will sell many.

Yeah Pat Keogh had something similar last week, the reserves on his BMWs were optimystic to say the least. Some of the bids were exactly the same as the reserves which looked very dodgy to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Lost VW Audi, and Mazda(?) and so selling everything not nailed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭jdt101

Where and when is the turners cross auction on? Is there a website with all their stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

It's on Saturday apparently. Go onto carzone.ie search dealers in Cork and turners cross. All their cars are on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Dermo123

Any news on how this "auction" went?

Dermo123 wrote: »
    Any news on how this "auction" went?

Sh ite.... Was there for 40mins. out of about 20 cars that I saw, 4 or 5 sold and they were to the trade. No mazda sold when I was there. The RRPs they had were crazy. The reserves were very high too, and even though on every sale, he went 1k below. Waste of time going out really.

Advertisement