Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Elections 2009

1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Anybody canvassed from the City candidates recently? Especially those who are currently sitting and are re-running, interested to hear what people have said (or the candidate themselves have said).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Well, seeing as Sully's last attempt to fan the political flame of this forum went down like a lead balloon, I thought I'd give it a try.

So who's been canvassed? By whom? Did they get a favourable/unfavourable reception? Any issues raised and, if so, were you given an adequate response?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

FF canvassed my house yesterday. The poor lad seemed really nervous at the door, he must have received a fair bit of abuse. I just thanked him for the leaflet and that I'd pass it onto my parents as I'll be voting SF. Don't see the need for being rude.

I've only been out canvassing myself once so far as I've been too busy with exams. General response was good - Got one sarky fella, but I took it in my stride and moved on.

dlofnep wrote: »
    FF canvassed my house yesterday. The poor lad seemed really nervous at the door, he must have received a fair bit of abuse. I just thanked him for the leaflet and that I'd pass it onto my parents as I'll be voting SF. Don't see the need for being rude.

Which fella was it? My mam told me the younger fella called up the other day, Dunne I think his name is. So he handed ther the leaflet and she said "Fianna Fail, no chance". She was just about to give him a piece of her mind and he started walking off! So she said "are you not even going to listen to what I have to say?", and he reluctantly came back.

I kind of pitied him because he knew straight away that there was no chance of a vote but still had to stand there and take abuse. But, like I said in the politics thread, my pity only lasts a little while when I realise that they put themselves forward under the FF banner, and therefore support the actions of FF in government.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Hardly any point bashing him when you would never vote for them anyway. Just saying nothing or no thanks.

• Advertisement

Sully wrote: »
    Hardly any point bashing him when you would never vote for them anyway. Just saying nothing or no thanks.

Yep, that would be my approach. But some people are very angry and this is the only opportunity they'll get to speak to a Fianna Fail representative face to face so I can' understand it in a way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭jmcc

With McCann out of the race, would it be better to have a new poll?

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

they put themselves forward under the FF banner

Only barely mind you :). The size of the Fianna Fail logo on both the posters and literature is minuscule. They're trying to distance themselves as much as possible from their party!

jmcc wrote: »

Regards...jmcc

Changing which? I can change the result and add more options if that helps

AdMMM wrote: »
    Only barely mind you :). The size of the Fianna Fail logo on both the posters and literature is minuscule. They're trying to distance themselves as much as possible from their party!

Im convinced there done professionally in FF HQ. Meaning, its not up to the individual but the party. Iv seen some done that are not professional, which are a let down.

At least, thats how the Greens/FG/SF seem to have gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Stan Nangle

Regards...jmcc
    We have a new candidate, Maria Raftis-Kennedy, so I'd say leave the option there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

I missed Jim Darcy the other day , I just wanted to ask him about that lovely leaflet he sent around showing him standing in front of every footpath and playground that has opened since he was in the council and yet the biggest project not too far away from his own estate was strangely missing - the halting site on the Williamstown road ! That leaflet just stank of parish pump politics and while I would have had time for him before t really put me off him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭jmcc

Sully wrote: »
    Changing which? I can change the result and add more options if that helps
    Freeze the first poll and add a second. (Because of the new Green candidate for Ward 2.) It might be interesting to see if people have changed their minds. After all, a lot has happened since November 2008.

Regards...jmcc

Freeze the first poll and add a second. (Because of the new Green candidate for Ward 2.) It might be interesting to see if people have changed their minds. After all, a lot has happened since November 2008.

Regards...jmcc

Consider it done - here

Cant add a new poll to this without loosing the old one completely. Ill close this topic now, use the new one to continue discussion!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement