Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash - Cross Domain Issue

Options
  • 26-11-2008 9:55am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm writing some actionscript at the moment to pull image down from a domain and display in my Flash but I'm getting a strange issue:

When I'm testing it locally with the images stored remotely on a subdomain 111.abc.com, Flash requests that I specifically allow the .swf to access that subdomain. Once I do that, the Flash works perfectly. However, when I move the swf to it's subdomain, 222.abc.com, it only displays white squares where the pictures should be. Crossdomain.xml exists at:

abc.com
    111.abc.com

and allows access to the correct subdomains. Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Nevermind, I fixed it - needed to forcibly load the policy file.

System.security.loadPolicyFile("http://111.abc.com/crossdomain.xml");

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭The Mighty Ken

Never had that problem before - I've always just included crossdomain.xml in the root. What version of Flash are you exporting for?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

7-9. None worked.

Advertisement