Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

drink prices

• 26-11-2008 10:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

hey guys, im in germany at the moment and the price of all drinks are considerably lower here.

just curious if anyone can give me some accurate Irish prices for comparison.

Jägermister 0,7l bottle.
    Glenfiddich.
    Paddys.
    malibu.

cheers lads....(pun....haha:D)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

hey guys, im in germany at the moment and the price of all drinks are considerably lower here.

just curious if anyone can give me some accurate Irish prices for comparison.

Jägermister 0,7l bottle.
    Glenfiddich.
    Paddys.
    malibu.

cheers lads....(pun....haha:D)

All these are per 70cl bottle

Jager is 24.99
    Glenfiddich 27.99 (not 100% sure on this one)
    Paddys 24.99
    Malibu 19.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

madness.

Ill have to double check the others this evening. but I do know a 70cl jager is 7euro.

time to invest before I come home.... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Speaking of drink prices, have any pubs copped on that lowering prices might be the answer to getting their profits back up?

Started a thread in bargain requests here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=58043321#post58043321

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

rubadub wrote: »
    Speaking of drink prices, have any pubs copped on that lowering prices might be the answer to getting their profits back up?
    But that might lead to price competition, which is something the VFI and LVA have managed to convince the powers-that-be is a bad thing, for reasons of social responsibility. So, as far as I know, they've agreed not to do it. But only because they have the best interests of the nation at their hearts, and not because they're a cartel which regards offering a choice of quality drinks at reasonable prices as anathema when a limited range of over-priced slop has already paid for their merc and villa in Marbella.

Besides, it's far easier to blame the smoking ban, Diageo, the drink-driving laws, the supermarkets, and that'll be €5.20 a pint, please. Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

I do know a 70cl jager is 7euro.

Why must you depress me so?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

rubadub wrote: »

Started a thread in bargain requests here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=58043321#post58043321

To be honest, I think the recession is good for our pubs. It is the perfect opportunity for us to say no to overpriced poorly poured drinks, arbitrary bouncers, packed clubs etc and let them sweat for a bit. Thomas Reid group has gone into examinership, so it is reasonable to assume that other pubs are feeling the pinch too.

I'm perfectly happy not to go to the pub for the next few weeks, and if I do it will be a decent pub that has reasonably cheap pints and good banter, and I'll probably try to drink less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

The price freeze they announced today is a joke, this is the best they can do? I like they way they do it after the VAT increase, so beer prices will go up the day of the "price freeze", not only the half % increase, but also enough so the pubs will make their percentage profit.
    I remember when the smoking ban was coming in and not 1 person had any sympathy for the publican because we knew we were being ripped off, and it's the same now.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I like the way when they say
    Should individual members wish to compete at prices below those they charge today, they are of course entirely free to do so.
    you can actually hear giggling in the background.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

madness.

Ill have to double check the others this evening. but I do know a 70cl jager is 7euro.

time to invest before I come home.... :pac:

Where in Germany are you? Was in Frankfurt last month and it wasnt much different from Ireland. About €18-20

The glenfiddich 12 year old is around 46 euros in dunnes at the moment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement