Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cool pub in mallow?

Options
  • 26-11-2008 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭

hiya, recently moved to mallow and can't help but notice that there'a a lot of interesting looking people walking about all the time, this made me think that maybe there's a cool bar in mallow where (sorry for using stereotypes here but i can't think of a better way of putting it) alternative types (hippies, bikers, rockers, general freaks and geeks) hang out? Any one local know of any such place?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Lol, not many bikers or rockers in Mallow as far as I can tell! :) A lot of the "alternative" types would be underage, I'd say.

I hardly ever go out in Mallow but if you're looking for a cool pub, then it has to be Marakibo - EVERYBODY goes to Marakibo. A lot of the other pubs in town would be for older people (when I say old, I mean like 60/70 year old men with their pints of stout! :))
    The only other place I can think of with a young-ish crowd would be The Cavern - fairly small pub, it's kinda hidden down an alley. It's near Chasers (the late bar, you may have been there already)

If you're looking for somewhere more relaxing and laid-back to chat with friends, you could try The Gallery. They have a fairly mixed-age group there. I don't know if they'd allow rockers or bikers though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

lol thanks a lot square igloo! will check them out, it's always nice to have some where good to go for the odd pint with nice people. will check them out sometime!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Laurs_civic

marakbo is there across from the bank i think .. its a lovely place..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

Marikibo, the hi-b, light the club(i wired all 3 of them places :pac:) alberts it possible the best pub in mallow. people of all ages go in there. nice atmosphere and the pints are top class.

when doing the 12 pubs of crimbo i realised that every other pub in mallow smelled of poo inside! especially maureens and the bridge house bar.

Stay away from Daily's and the mouse trap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭sunshinegirl

marakibo is trendy, anytime ive been past the cavern it looks closed. the gallery is nice last time i was in there. The old fiddle is suppose to be ok,full of country folk.

• Advertisement

jesus yeah forgot about the gallery! aint been in there in an age.

yeah the cavern is closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Chasers is great when you don't give a crap and full of booze on a Sat night!

provided you able to ignore fat dinny's looks as ya go in the door!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭busted flush

Jesus h christ, The olde fiddle is by far the best pub in mallow. Young and old frequent it, music of all types are played there ranging from trad(which i hate to rock grunge, which i love), i was at asession there about 4 weeks ago a random tuesday night and it was one of the best nights i ever had. All types of characters drink there too, plenty of singles and drama groups, even bands drink there , Itchey mochez (a very good rock band are always locked in there). The place is run by a very cute barmaid from Liscarrol, who take no **** , but is a big softie underneath. No smell of ****e as the jacks is outside, and a very nice heated smoking room! As for the guiness :), its delish!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

For drinking that Dublin muck you are hereby banished!! LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭emma-fly

What about alberts. Thats really nice. Up there by market square

Jesus h christ, The olde fiddle is by far the best pub in mallow. Young and old frequent it, music of all types are played there ranging from trad(which i hate to rock grunge, which i love), i was at asession there about 4 weeks ago a random tuesday night and it was one of the best nights i ever had. All types of characters drink there too, plenty of singles and drama groups, even bands drink there , Itchey mochez (a very good rock band are always locked in there). The place is run by a very cute barmaid from Liscarrol, who take no **** , but is a big softie underneath. No smell of ****e as the jacks is outside, and a very nice heated smoking room! As for the guiness :), its delish!

God that sounds f*ckin' deadly! where is it exactly? Finally somewhere I actually like the sound of!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭sunshinegirl

the clock house thats where it is.

the clock house thats where it is.

Thanks! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭busted flush

God that sounds f*ckin' deadly! where is it exactly? Finally somewhere I actually like the sound of!

The worst nights in there are Saturday nights (just a warning), belive it or not as you tend to have the "yuppie" once a week drinkers, who think they own the place these people tend to be mallow "high status a55holes". Tuesdays is usually great as is thursdays, im in Texas at the moment doing a bit of work but man, i cant wait to get back their for a pint!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 keithrevenge

Ya the old fiddle is a fantastic bar,its tiny and great craic.Mind your head walking through the door/Always great craic in there especialy tues and thurs.Big guinness and murphys drinking pub as you wont find better in Mallow.The staff are great craic as are all the customers.Do yourself a favour and check out this friendly little bar

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement