Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Address through IBB blacklisted

Options
  • 26-11-2008 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

I have been using an Eircom email address through IBB ripwave successfully for the past year. Now it is bouncing my mail saying its listed on Spamhaus.

When I look on spamhaus it says
    This IP range has been identified by Spamhaus as not meeting our policy for IPs which should deliver 'direct-to-mx' mail to PBL users.

Cant use SMTP authentication as it asks me to.

IBB cant do anything apparantly. Can they change my IP or is that bound to the modem?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Forward the bounced Spam Haus e-mail to IBB,they might be able to do something about it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Cant sent to anyone so I may save the email to key.

IBB support first told me that I had a virus(I don't, up to date Mc Afee Enterprise ran last night along with Spybot and malwarebytes) and then told me Eircom had changed pointer records on some old Eircom email addresess and therefore they could not do anything about my issue!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭daffy_duc

Nea wrote: »
    Cant sent to anyone so I may save the email to key.

IBB support first told me that I had a virus(I don't, up to date Mc Afee Enterprise ran last night along with Spybot and malwarebytes) and then told me Eircom had changed pointer records on some old Eircom email addresess and therefore they could not do anything about my issue!

Are you sending through the IBB mail servers? If you are, what SMTP address have you set?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Using smtp.irishbroadband.ie which I have always used and has been fine until this week.
    Will try email support as phone support was no help

Advertisement