Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend tax advisor re rental income?

Options
  • 26-11-2008 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm looking to get some tax advice, so I wonder if anyone could recommend me a good tax advisor or accountant in the Dublin City area (pm me, I guess).

The issue is I am an owner-occupier renting out two rooms in my house, so currently under the 'rent a room' scheme I pay tax on any rental income that goes over €10,000.

I am now looking to move in with my boyfriend, so wanted to discuss the tax implications of renting somewhere else with him, and renting out my room in my house (thereby renting out all three bedrooms, and becoming officially a 'landlord'). I want to know if it will end up costing me a whole lot more, because the rent I could charge for the three bedrooms would cover my mortgage repayments, but that's before paying any tax on that rental income.

Any recommendations welcome, thanks a million.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Pretty much any accountants practice will be able to give you advice, it's not a hugely complicated issue and most will have plenty of experience in the area. I'd suggest looking for a small firm close to where you live or work. How much tax you will pay will depend on other factors, most important being your current salary.

Advertisement