Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has Kenny shot himself in the foot?

Options
13»

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

dresden8 wrote: »
    That's what happens anyway. Government whips get their TDs to vote with the government. Opposition vote against. TDs don't read legislation. You're naive if you think they do.
    I don't. I believe it's their job to do so, and that they are not doing their jobs. I think the party whip is the greatest insult imaginable to the concept of representative democracy.

But just because our politicians are crap, doesn't give us the right to be crap when it comes to doing the very little that's asked of us in a democracy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

On the very few occasions when we're asked to vote, educate ourselves on the issues and vote accordingly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭RDM_83

Since your obviously refering to Lisbon
    Is Cowen not a voter and as leader of our country would it not be worth while for him to educate himself, or have we as a country by our democratic choices elected somebody who has failed his democratic duties to educate himself failed in our democratic duties to educate ourselves in our national election.
    http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/the-gafferidden-yes-campaign-spluttered-into-action-far-too-late-1410355.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

No one 'won' the cold war. It ended when an exhausted and depleted USSR leader realised he couldn't keep punishing his people and orchestrated the end. It had little to do with Reagan, Thatcher or JP II, and everything to do with Gorbachev.

• Advertisement

As I said. Little. It was a war of attrition which was ended by the only sane leader of the time. 'moral undermining of communism'?. Please.

Ok, well done pope. I doubt he had much real effect in the long run. In any case this is massively off topic and we should return to discussion of Enda Kenny.

Advertisement