Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rooney apologises for diving

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Carturo wrote: »
    And the same goes for 'Pool fans defending Gerard and condemning Rooney....and it'll always be that way with rivals.

Not disagreeing, but for some (how shall I put it) mis-informed person to hop all over their keyboard in a ferver of angst, and talking utter tripe, without actually reading what I have said, now that's annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Mr Alan wrote: »
    emmm?

so Ferguson, the manager, wants him NOT to play.

Ronaldo, the player, wants to play.

Ronaldo plays the match, therefore, Ronaldo has gotten his way.

I just think Fergie of old would not put up with ****e from Ronaldo like the older Fergie does. He'd have been out on his ear after the summer, or at the minimum, groveling for forgiveness to the Utd fans.
    I think you'll find that Ronaldo does not, in general get his own way in his dealings with Ferguson (this summers episodes come to mind)

Rooney, apologising is irrelevant, as already touched on he'll be at the same thing again possibly this weekend.
    The only way to stop this play acting in the game is reviews of such incidents afterwards and 3 match bans being handed out for blatent diving bearing in mind that not all "falls" by a player are either dives or fouls, there are some fair challanges that result in players falling over.
    Kippy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Don't really get the Pires jibe. Pires once apologized for diving whilst playing for Arsenal in Europe, I think it was against Porto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,716 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Hobart wrote: »

Rooneys diving was pathetic last night. It was cheating at the extreme, and I think that he should have been sent off for it.

So you wanted the referee to disregard the rule book and make it up off his own back and give rooney a straight red for unsporting behavior? You really must have been rocked to the core by it. :eek:
    As I have said before, duplicity amuses me, the fact that some Manu supporters will bleat on about Drogba and Gerrard, and yet not one has said that Rooney deserved to be sent off is hilarious.

Alot about United seems to amuse you Hobart, hopefully you never get to go see them at Old Trafford because you might get lock jaw by grinning like an idiot for 90 minutes.

Rooney dived, it was bad, Rooney man enough to admit it, Good.

Why are you not so vocal about Gerrards, Torres or Reira diving?

In fact as you told me the other day that your sig is there to tell people how evil Ronaldo is, why don't you carry an essay about Drogba under your username?

I mean he dives more than anyone, has a huge attitude problem, could have taken the eye ball out of someone last week, and was out having din dins with another club official last night?

But for some reason that doesn't shock or "amuse" you, how come?

You might as well tell me, alot of people on here have already made there mind up why. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Boggles wrote: »
    So you wanted the referee to disregard the rule book and make it up off his own back and give rooney a straight red for unsporting behavior? You really must have been rocked to the core by it. :eek:

didnt Rooney dive twice? presume he means two yellows?

didnt Rooney dive twice? presume he means two yellows?

When?

could be wrong, just thought he did it twice. not really that bothered either way

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

he didnt.

good post by boggles there.

remind me hobart - wat was the meaning of petulant again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,447 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Jazzy wrote: »
    he didnt.

good post by boggles there.

remind me hobart - wat was the meaning of petulant again?

Eh, he dived, quite clearly, twice in the game on Tuesday. Once on the left hand side of the box (just outside i think) and once near the bye-line. 2 yellows.

2 Dives,2 Cards, I think even you could manage the maths.....:rolleyes:

Alot about United seems to amuse you Hobart, hopefully you never get to go see them at Old Trafford because you might get lock jaw by grinning like an idiot for 90 minutes.
    and you seem to be suffering from the same problem that Tauren has. If you can actually bring yourself to read what I said (and funnily enough what you have quoted me saying) I sadi duplicty amuses me, and that could be duplicity could be from any supporter. You can quote me on that. As for being to OT. I have been there more times than at any other ground in the prem. i won't tell you the reason why, but's lets just say I think I might know the place a lot better than you would imagine.
    Rooney dived, it was bad, Rooney man enough to admit it, Good.
    Rooney had 2 blantant dives, you were either munching on a prawn sandwich or looking at Celtic.
    Why are you not so vocal about Gerrards, Torres or Reira diving?
    Because I support Liverpool.
    In fact as you told me the other day that your sig is there to tell people how evil Ronaldo is, why don't you carry an essay about Drogba under your username?
    In fact, I said nothing of the sort. Stop putting words in my mouth Boggles, Your telling porkies, and nobody likes a liar now....:rolleyes:
    I mean he dives more than anyone, has a huge attitude problem, could have taken the eye ball out of someone last week, and was out having din dins with another club official last night?
    I know, gas init!!!!

You might as well tell me, alot of people on here have already made there mind up why. ;)
    Where did I say it doesn't? It does amuse me, as those the misinformation that people like you and Tauren try to vocalise, instead of sticking to what I said and answering that. But hey, lets not let your "facts" get in the way of a good lie.:rolleyes:

and you seem to be suffering from the same problem that Tauren has. If you can actually bring yourself to read what I said (and funnily enough what you have quoted me saying) I sadi duplicty amuses me, and that could be duplicity could be from any supporter. You can quote me on that. As for being to OT. I have been there more times than at any other ground in the prem. i won't tell you the reason why, but's lets just say I think I might know the place a lot better than you would imagine.

Rooney had 2 blantant dives, you were either munching on a prawn sandwich or looking at Celtic.

Because I support Liverpool.

In fact, I said nothing of the sort. Stop putting words in my mouth Boggles, Your telling porkies, and nobody likes a liar now....:rolleyes:

I know, gas init!!!!

Where did I say it doesn't? It does amuse me, as those the misinformation that people like you and Tauren try to vocalise, instead of sticking to what I said and answering that. But hey, lets not let your "facts" get in the way of a good lie.:rolleyes:
    **** off - you said not one of the United fans had said Rooney should have been punished for his actions, which is a freaking lie. And yeah, it is a lie - cause I am one of the fans who was most vocal on the Gerrard dive, so you can claim I took what you said out of context, but i didn't, so stop lying.

**** off - you said not one of the United fans had said Rooney should have been punished for his actions, which is a freaking lie. And yeah, it is a lie - cause I am one of the fans who was most vocal on the Gerrard dive, so you can claim I took what you said out of context, but i didn't, so stop lying.

No I did not. I said, and I'll repeat it for your benifit, that those who bleat on about Gerrard and Drogba will not come out and say Roooney was wrong.

Now, either read what I actually said or STFU. Ok?

No I did not. I said, and I'll repeat it for your benifit, that those who bleat on about Gerrard and Drogba will not come out and say Roooney was wrong.

I am one of those who 'bleat' about Drogba and Gerrard, and have said Rooney was wrong, what the hell is your problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Classic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

It does amuse me, as those the misinformation that people like you and Tauren try to vocalise, instead of sticking to what I said and answering that.

Dude, you may want to practice what you preach here. You continually chastise people for picking and choosing what they quote and answer when responding to your posts. Boggles asked you a very simple question and you deliberately ignored it. And yes Boggles is right...

I've read you dig yourself into a hole over the past few pages.

As for Rooney; the dives were atrocious. Blaming Ronaldo or any foreigner like the panel did is pathetic. He's a grown man responsible for himself. He chose to do it. It's his fault. If I watch a horror movie with a serial killer in it and replicate it in real life a defense of "it's Hollywood's fault" wouldn't stand up to much. I'd be to blame. Rooney is to blame. No one else.
    Drogba is a really annoying player to watch with all his antics. Wow, look at that. I support United, admitted Rooney was a disgrace and also think Drogba is a disgrace. But am I allowed say Drogba is infinitely worse than Rooney? Not sure. Hobart? Actually, no need to answer that.

Jazzy wrote: »
    he didnt.

sooooo, it turns out he did dive twice as i thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Why should it matter that he apologised? He cheated, and had any benefit accrued from the dive, saying sorry wouldn't negate said benefit. The man is trying to minimise the fallout having seen the whole world saw him cheat.

He should not be applauded for his apology. He should be banned for a game as would have happened if he'd been booked for the offences.

also worth noting, as far as i know, he didnt actually apologise, his manager said he did.

he has found the time to talk about Ronaldo in this mornings papers, an actual little apology for his dives may have made wat Ferguson said seem a bit more genuine.

• Advertisement

Well your bleating loudest about Rooney, although he admitted he did wrong, nearly every one on here said he was wrong, my question again, why no bleats about Drogba, Gerrard or Torres? since you see yourself as the moralistic gatekeeper for everything sacred in soccer.

Will I tell you?

Because you are a seriously over jealous scouse fan that would argue the color of shíté if it involved a United player.

also worth noting, as far as i know, he didnt actually apologise, his manager said he did.

No Alan thats not worth noting out at all, and is sniping and petty as usual.

So, as far as you know, Ferguson is lying. Can you provide any edvidence to back up your claim (as you are saying Rooney DIDN'T appologise, Fergie just says he did)

i didnt say he was lying. just saying that Rooney didnt say he apologised to anyone, Ferguson said he apologised to him.

utd fans always take everything Fergie says with a pinch of salt-they know wat he's like.

you cant pick and choose when to believe him so it suits you.

i didnt say he was lying. just saying that Rooney didnt say he apologised to anyone, Ferguson said he apologised to him.

So your saying Rooney didn't apologise to anyone and in the same sentance contridicting yourself, WAFFLE! :rolleyes:

Well your bleating loudest about Rooney, although he admitted he did wrong, nearly every one on here said he was wrong, my question again, why no bleats about Drogba, Gerrard or Torres? since you see yourself as the moralistic gatekeeper for everything sacred in soccer.

Will I tell you?

Because you are a seriously over jealous scouse fan that would argue the color of shíté if it involved a United player.
    Are you going to admit you were looking at a different game, or munching a prawn sandwich. Why would I bother entertaining you, when you are clearly wrong? Answer me this Boggles, how many times did Rooney dive? Answer that.

And stop with your petty insults and childish rants. You and Tauren are like the fooking Chuckle Brothers, the issue being that they were actually funnier than you pair.

@Tauren:
    snip

As I have said before, duplicity amuses me, the fact that some Manu supporters will bleat on about Drogba and Gerrard, and yet not one has said that Rooney deserved to be sent off is hilarious.

There you go, I've quoted both bits for you, all together in the one neat post. I've also gone to the trouble of highlighting the area I have an issue with in your erroneous accusations at me. You can PM me an apology, if you don't want to loose any more face on thread.

Next time I'll try phonetics or somebody might come up with a forum based on braille that may not be so confusing for you.
    Dude, you may want to practice what you preach here. You continually chastise people for picking and choosing what they quote and answer when responding to your posts. Boggles asked you a very simple question and you deliberately ignored it. And yes Boggles is right...
    What question did he ask that I did not address? Point it out to me.

I've read you dig yourself into a hole over the past few pages.
    Could not agree more.

are you soft in the head boggles?

i said "Rooney didnt say he apologised to anyone"

rooney has not commented on the situation.

Ferguson who permanently lies in the press, said he apologised to him.

So, as far as you know, Ferguson is lying. Can you provide any edvidence to back up your claim (as you are saying Rooney DIDN'T appologise, Fergie just says he did)
    So your saying Rooney didn't apologise to anyone and in the same sentance contridicting yourself, WAFFLE! :rolleyes:

Ohhh FFS...Did any of ye actually read what Mr Alan said? Seriously lads....are ye on a sponsorship of some sort? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Carturo

are you soft in the head boggles?

i said "Rooney didnt say he apologised to anyone"

rooney has not commented on the situation.

Ferguson who permanently lies in the press, said he apologised to him.

Like when?

I know he talks ****e sometimes but when does he actually lie, proper lie?

em transfer targets or lack thereof, players performances, refs decisions etc etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Now what have you started Mr Alan :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

I pointed it out in my last post. The fact you 'missed' it in Boggles post and then in mine despite replying says a lot.

I pointed it out in my last post. The fact you 'missed' it in Boggles post and then in mine despite replying says a lot.

I dunno, maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I normally associate a question, with a question mark, or at least something that needs responding to. Here's a link to your post where you said you "pointed out" this question to me. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58052076&postcount=68

Now if what you are actually talking about is this little muse posed by Boggles: (which by the way is neither referenced nor quoted in your "post")

You might as well tell me, alot of people on here have already made there mind up why
    Which is not a question asked in your post, I think you'll find that I did answer it in this manner:
    Where did I say it doesn't? It does amuse me, as those the misinformation that people like you and Tauren try to vocalise, instead of sticking to what I said and answering that. But hey, lets not let your "facts" get in the way of a good lie
    Here's the link, it's there right at the bottom. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58050891&postcount=63

Maybe I'm missing some secret code in your post, or maybe, just maybe, I'm not. :D

I dunno, maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I normally associate a question, with a question mark, or at least something that needs responding to. Here's a link to your post where you said you "pointed out" this question to me. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58052076&postcount=68

Now if what you are actually talking about is this little muse posed by Boggles: (which by the way is neither referenced nor quoted in your "post")

Which is not a question asked in your post, I think you'll find that I did answer it in this manner:

Here's the link, it's there right at the bottom. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58050891&postcount=63

Maybe I'm missing some secret code in your post, or maybe, just maybe, I'm not. :D

Oh dear...

Figure 1.1
    quote.jpg

Note in Figure 1.1 above the highlighted Boggles quote marked in red for your convenience. I marked this in bold font for you to highlight the issue at hand. you apparently missed it. I have gone to the trouble of marking the already bold font in green so that it may stand out further to hopefully grab your attention.
    If you want to call bold font a secret code then we can. I think you're missing quite a bit actually.
    The thought of your answer was exciting enough at first but now I can barely contain my anticipation.
    *goes off to the jacks*

Again, I addressed that so called question in my post, right under where I quoted it. The link is up there ^. Boggles was telling porkies, I pointed that out to him, here's the quote:
    Hobart wrote:
    In fact, I said nothing of the sort. Stop putting words in my mouth Boggles, Your telling porkies, and nobody likes a liar now....:D

if you are expecting me to get into a debate with him on my sig (something I have addressed on this thread and in numerous other thread(s)) when the opening premise of that question is a downright lie, well then you are a bit sillier than I thought tbh....

Now maybe the issue is that I did not answer it in a manner or way that you liked. If that's the case..well...um...lol tbh, but don't say I did not answer it, when I clearly did.

Look through the whole thread...all of it, read it, including my post just before your cute little graphic..it was addressed/answered, if you can not see that, I don't think I can help you anymore. :confused:
    Oh dear...
    Indeed.

Again, I addressed that so called question in my post, right under where I quoted it. The link is up there ^. Boggles was telling porkies, I pointed that out to him, here's the quote:

if you are expecting me to get into a debate with him on my sig (something I have addressed on this thread and in numerous other thread(s)) when the opening premise of that question is a downright lie, well then you are a bit sillier than I thought tbh....

Now maybe the issue is that I did not answer it in a manner or way that you liked. If that's the case..well...um...lol tbh, but don't say I did not answer it, when I clearly did.

Look through the whole thread...all of it, read it, including my post just before your cute little graphic..it was addressed/answered, if you can not see that, I don't think I can help you anymore. :confused:
    Indeed.

I have read the thread. And your humorous posts.
    The premise is irrelevant to the question. The point as I'm sure you're aware was why you single out Ronaldo for your signature and not someone like Drogba. And as Boggles says the answer is quite clear. The fact you won't give an answer is quite clear.
    I think I've wasted enough time here. Oh dear

I have read the thread. And your humorous posts.
    The premise is irrelevant to the question. The point as I'm sure you're aware was why you single out Ronaldo for your signature and not someone like Drogba. And as Boggles says the answer is quite clear. The fact you won't give an answer is quite clear.
    I think I've wasted enough time here. Oh dear
    Sure you have

I believe you... and TBH, and this is the part that really really amuses me..what most of ye don't really understand, is that the sig really has SFA got to do with Ronaldo, I think PHB is the only one who has really copped that, the fact that so many of you keep going on about it...well that hole just keeps getting bigger tbh...but keep digging :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,918 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I think this thread has died a death.

I think Hobart wins the poll for angriest poster on here.

Are you going to admit you were looking at a different game, or munching a prawn sandwich. Why would I bother entertaining you, when you are clearly wrong? Answer me this Boggles, how many times did Rooney dive? Answer that.

And stop with your petty insults and childish rants. You and Tauren are like the fooking Chuckle Brothers, the issue being that they were actually funnier than you pair.

@Tauren:

There you go, I've quoted both bits for you, all together in the one neat post. I've also gone to the trouble of highlighting the area I have an issue with in your erroneous accusations at me. You can PM me an apology, if you don't want to loose any more face on thread.

Next time I'll try phonetics or somebody might come up with a forum based on braille that may not be so confusing for you.

Could not agree more.

OK, i'll get freaking technical.

Some united fans bleat about Gerrard and Drogba. I AM ONE OF THOSE FANS.

Not one of them (of that subset 'some') will say say Rooney was wrong or deserved punishment. I HAVE SAID SO, AND SO HAVE OTHERS. SO DESPITE BEING ONE OF THE FANS YOU CLAIM THAT WOULD NOT SAY ROONEY WAS WRONG, I HAVE

You can PM your apology blah blah balh.

astrofool wrote: »

Yes the fact we're all too stupid to understand his cloaked 'united sources slagging off a united player' signature must have angered him.
    Oh, wait...

• Advertisement

Answer me this Boggles, how many times did Rooney dive?

Once Which he should have been booked for.
    And stop with your petty insults and childish rants. You and Tauren are like the fooking Chuckle Brothers

Well your the one that is always amused, so that must make you the 3rd lesser known brother "Disgruntled Chuckle"

I think PHB is the only one who has really copped that, the fact that so many of you keep going on about it...well that hole just keeps getting bigger tbh...but keep digging :D.

Sweet Jesus. Yeah tis a Real Da Vinci Code. :rolleyes:

any dive is deserved of a booking.

he dived twice.

this thread makes my head hurt.

astrofool wrote: »

Lollers...
    OK, i'll get freaking technical.

Some united fans bleat about Gerrard and Drogba. I AM ONE OF THOSE FANS.

Not one of them (of that subset 'some') will say say Rooney was wrong or deserved punishment. I HAVE SAID SO, AND SO HAVE OTHERS. SO DESPITE BEING ONE OF THE FANS YOU CLAIM THAT WOULD NOT SAY ROONEY WAS WRONG, I HAVE

You can PM your apology blah blah balh.
    More foam...more blahh
    Once Which he should have been booked for.
    Hahahahaha...Oh really...back to the sambo's with ya...

Well your the one that is always amused, so that must make you the 3rd lesser known brother "Disgruntled Chuckle"
    I've never been in better form tbh, nice retort btw, very clever!!

Sweet Jesus. Yeah tis a Real Da Vinci Code. :rolleyes:
    :P More muck...hole getting deeper.

he has found the time to talk about Ronaldo in this mornings papers, an actual little apology for his dives may have made wat Ferguson said seem a bit more genuine.

utd fans always take everything Fergie says with a pinch of salt-they know wat he's like.

you cant pick and choose when to believe him so it suits you.
    Ohhh FFS...Did any of ye actually read what Mr Alan said? Seriously lads....are ye on a sponsorship of some sort? :rolleyes:
    Now, Alan, Hobart. I actually did read what Alan said, it appears neither of you bothered too (and changing what you have said to make yourself seem right doesn't count, Al)

What Alan said is: "he didnt actually apologise", that is completely different from saying Rooney didn't say he apolpgised.

Alans first post, states that as far as he knows, Rooney did not apologise and the implication is therefore that Fergie is lying. I would like to know where Alan got his information, cause as far as I know, Fergusons comments are the only ones available. So again, the initial comment from Alan is an accusation that Ferguson was lying, and I would like some backing for that.

Hobart, you can PM me your apology blah blah blah.

Lollers...

More foam...more blahh

Hahahahaha...Oh really...back to the sambo's with ya...

I've never been in better form tbh, nice retort btw, very clever!!

:P More muck...hole getting deeper.

Where is your pooint by point break down of where my analysis of your posts is wrong? Can't provide one? Want to just highlight what you wrote again?

wat i meant Tauren (and thought it pretty obvious) was that he didnt apologise publically. People praising him needed that pointed out to them.

• Advertisement

Where is your pooint by point break down of where my analysis of your posts is wrong? Can't provide one? Want to just highlight what you wrote again?

At this stage??? With all the misinformation and lies being told? Where is my breakdown...I couldn't be arsed tbh...Have a look at Mr Alan's post above...says it all really..

wat i meant Tauren (and thought it pretty obvious) was that he didnt apologise publically. People praising him needed that pointed out to them.

No, it was not obvious, you stated he didn't apologise, not that he did not do it publically, and (making the assumption that he did apologise) why would not doing it publically invalidate the apology?

If you had wanted to make it obvious, you should have said we did not see or hear Rooney apologise.

At this stage??? With all the misinformation and lies being told? Where is my breakdown...I couldn't be arsed tbh...Have a look at Mr Alan's post above...says it all really..

"wat i meant Tauren (and thought it pretty obvious) was that he didnt apologise publically. People praising him needed that pointed out to them."

Yeah, explains it all.:pac:

apologies Tauren, i will conform to your strict posting guidelines in future.

apologies Tauren, i will conform to your strict posting guidelines in future.

or don't act all confused when people read what you say and think you said something different to what you, apparently, ment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement