Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Core-Duo 2GB Pink Laptop - Please please help

• 26-11-2008 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am desperately trying to find a laptop for my girlfriend for christmas. I had oiginally ordered a dell for ~€500 but have cancelled it as the fear of God has been put into my about Celeron processors. The next one up will cost me about €650 after the end of today's offer, which is a touch too rich for my budget.

Can someone please help and point me in the direction of where to get one? All I'm looking for is a 15" screen/2GB RAM/Core Duo Processor.

I'm heading up North at the weekend and have been trying to figure out where to get one up there, but to no avail. Looks like pcworld are out of the basic Core-Duo Dell 1525 at ~£469. (Doesn't at all have to be Dell by the way)

Please please help! (I'll be your friend)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

I can't give you prices, but I have always found laptopsdirect.ie to be good. Even better if you or a friend are VAT registered as they will deduct there and then.

Some people will tell you to stay well away, but I have ordered 3 laptops from them without any major problems.

Had a minor issue with one Acer, but solved the problem with one phonecall.

All laptops come with 7 days telephone support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

I was looking at them, but very limited pink stock!

What kind of order:delivery time could I expect of them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

It's courier delivery so you could expect after 2 or 3 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

fdevine wrote: »
    It's courier delivery so you could expect after 2 or 3 days.

Thanks very much, I am probably going to have to consider the physical route when going up north, but I really don't have a clue where to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭ASTRACLUB

dont need to go to north

http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/stor...uct&sku=322255
    go to nearest currys or pcworld

Euro499 always a manager special

Acer 3Gb Ram, 150Gb, Core2duo, all other included, 15" screen, USB, blue tooth, webcam inbuilt, 4 USB, DVD writer, Mike inbuilt speaker, Great look 499Euro
    I bought 2 last month but with 550 each,
    Now they have 4 GB

• Advertisement
Advertisement