Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arch fees

• 26-11-2008 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Do you pay an architect in full before planning is received? What happens if you are refused pp and have to appeal?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

carlson wrote: »
    Do you pay an architect in full before planning is received? What happens if you are refused pp and have to appeal?
    I get paid before the application is submitted as the work is done at that stage.

Remember, with planning there are no guarantees. It's sort of like backing a horse. The horse may be the odds on favourite but might not win. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

Generally it will cost you more as appeals are not included in most fees's, as smashey say its like backing a horse, I generally try and engineer it to be a one horse race before applying but this dosn't always happen and it is your decision to proceed to planning and pay the fees to the planning stage.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

it would be a foolish architect to work on a 'foal for fee' basis....

we are paid to prepare the planning application... not to 'obtain' planning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

sydthebeat wrote: »
    we are paid to prepare the planning application... not to 'obtain' planning.
    I think that about sums it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

I agree fully. There are no guarentees with Planning.

If you buy any furniture or even something over the internet, you pay in full before the product is sent to you. You can't expect someone to work for weeks for you, lodge your application and wait eight weeks to see if its sucessful, before being paid.
    I need to eat too! We all have mortgages!!

We carry out a professional service, providing days of work preparing a valid application to your requirements, on the understanding that our agreed fee will be paid before lodgement of the application.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 carlson

Point taken - thanks for the views

Advertisement