Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bose on-ear headphones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

Forget about Bose earphones. They're overpriced. If I were you, I'd get either the Grado SR60 or Grado SR80. Grado's are known to be one of the best earphone brands. Check out http://www.iheadphones.co.uk/ for some good prices on quality brand earphones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

I reckon the Bose on ear headphones are excellent. I've had a set for almost two years and the sound quality is superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

hshortt wrote: »
    I reckon the Bose on ear headphones are excellent. I've had a set for almost two years and the sound quality is superb.

yea i had a quick demo when i was over in the UK, i've been using in-ear headphones for so long i'd forgotten how good a sound you could get out of headphones!

Does anyone even know if there are any Bose dealers in Ireland? The "Find a Dealer" section of their site is broken..

There's a Bose store in Dundrum town centre in Dublin, but I wouldnt go there looking for a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

yea i had a quick demo when i was over in the UK, i've been using in-ear headphones for so long i'd forgotten how good a sound you could get out of headphones!

Does anyone even know if there are any Bose dealers in Ireland? The "Find a Dealer" section of their site is broken..

Peats stock them! :eek:

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement

Do-more wrote: »
    Peats stock them! :eek:

there the TriPort ones, i'm looking for the OnEars which dont seem to be that available down here

Petes have to be the most expensive electronics store in dublin at this stage though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

there the TriPort ones, i'm looking for the OnEars which dont seem to be that available down here

Petes have to be the most expensive electronics store in dublin at this stage though!

But those appear to be the exact same ones as you linked to in your 1st post. Bose call them on-ear headphones on there website and say:
    BOSE® on-ear headphones feature proprietary BOSE® technologies that produce high-quality audio in this compact on-ear design. The unique TriPort® acoustic headphone structure provides excellent low-frequency output and helps create a wide range of audio from such small, lightweight ear cups. There's no need to push buttons or adjust knobs, and no batteries are required. You just plug in and experience full-bodied, well-balanced audio that brings out the details in your music.

Where as Peats refer to them as "Bose Triport - Portable Headphones" and go on to say:
    BOSE on-ear headphones deliver clean, rich sound in a small, light, on-ear design.

And the photos seem to be idential, would be a lot easier if they just quoted model numbers.

invest4deepvalue.com

And the photos seem to be idential, would be a lot easier if they just quoted model numbers.

i know, it's really testing my google skills trying to look for these online ;)

But those appear to be the exact same ones as you linked to in your 1st post. Bose call them on-ear headphones on there website and say:

Ok aplogies for the confusion when i clicked on the peats link earlier these popped up instead..

TRIPORTA.jpg

maybe the north is my only option, i've been looking for a LCD tv, these headphones and an LCD picture frame around Dublin city and it looks like going up to the north could save me anything from 2-300 euro.

thanks for the replys though folks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 jay-susman

I work for the bose store in dundrum and we are selling the Tri Port On-Ear Headphones for €179 and if you bring in an old set of headphones that you don't want anymore you can get €15 off.:)

• Advertisement

jay-susman wrote: »
    I work for the bose store in dundrum and we are selling the Tri Port On-Ear Headphones for €179 and if you bring in an old set of headphones that you don't want anymore you can get €15 off.:)

cheers Jay, i'm prob gonna pick them up through a friend in birmingham over the weekend. comes to about 140 euro all in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 jay-susman

Sounds like a plan!
    As far as i know you will get the international warranty with them if you buy in a Bose shop.
    Just make sure you register the sale!

jay-susman wrote: »
    Sounds like a plan!
    As far as i know you will get the international warranty with them if you buy in a Bose shop.
    Just make sure you register the sale!

i will of course, cheers for the heads up.

Probably nothing to do with your good self, but the "dealer locator" section of the bose.ie site has been broken for a while. gotta be affecting sales somewhat...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

Just a note on the warranty, I had mine for just shy of 11 months and the sound stopped working in one ear. I called Bose shop where they were bought - New York and they said they'd replace them without issue. Just needed to get back to NY. In the meantime I called the Irish service and they arranged to replace them for me without questions or quibbles. A brand new set for my 11 month olds. In my experience this is good customer service.

Cheerio

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

BOSE have a factory store at Junction One, near Belfast.
    http://www.junctionone.co.uk/stores_detail.asp?id=777

Be careful buying bose/sennheisser etc online as their are a LOT of counterfeit items out there.

Advertisement