Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where will I buy a house?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Not really - Clonlara to Parteen takes 5 minutes
    You might hit a few minutes traffic at Hassets but nothing else
    Would be a much quicker option than Raheen/Dooradoyle anyhow!

If you want to go cross country to Shannon then it's even quicker

Clonlara is country - but it's very accessible to all sides of the city!!
    And only €12 in cab from town on a Sat night!

Thats well far away from shannon Keith not to mention traffic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

But not ideal really for someone working in shannon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Compared to Dublin - commuting around Limerick is a breeze!

Unless there is a Munster match on, then forget it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 whataboutya

Hey there ,

I have just bought a lovely 4 bed in dooradoyle in Glencairin , really solid house , 2 parking spaces, quite and has a nice family atmosphere there is a bus stop in glencairin that goes to the crescent shopping centre and into town , loads of schools around , creche, and there a pharamacy, pub, & spar shop just up the road a bit in ballycumin 3 min walk, you should really check it out!

• Advertisement

And great pints in Clohessys too whataboutya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭higster

I know Cratloe was mentioned and was said to be too expensive. Probably is but prices dropping big time (one for sale in Cratloe Woods for 1m 9 months ago now 800k) & no social housing (or will there be any time soon...no sewage system, all houses are required to be on 1/2 acre minimum).

Dead handy to Shannon, great national school, has shop, butcher, 2 pubs & bus route to town (granted is ~8/9 miles out...this probabl).

Keep an eye on daft, there was a 3 bed bungolow for sale near the woodcross but seems to be gone (and no sign in front garden anymore, not sure if sold or was pulled).

PS I have no interest/connection in selling property in Cratloe...at the moment anyhow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

You may have issues getting broadband in some of the more rural areas. It may not be an issue that's a top priority, but worth it if you value sanity. Some of the roads are neglected by Clare Co. Co. too because the areas serve a primarily Limerick oriented population.

BTW....Don't live in Shannon whatever you do!! Ghost town!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

Thanks for all the tips!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Thanks for all the tips!

Let us know how you get on!

• Advertisement

Any thoughts on Parteen? I have seen a few nice houses, within budget, are are 'older' build and with good size gardens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

I know a few people living in Parteen. It's a quite area from what i hear. It's in Co. Clare but it might aswell be a suburb of Limerick.

The commute from Parteen to the city centre should be reasonably good.

Thanks - I do some more research & may have a few more questions for the limerick cew!

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Redderneck

Killaloe/Ballina area worth a look. If you 'need' city nightlife, it's a bit far out; you'd be in designated driver territory, but couldn't recommend it highly enough for families/kids. Decent pubs/reasonable restaurants; schools etc. Bridge traffic ca be a pain; but if you're on Killaloe side, not an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Parteen has its up and downsides. Wouldn't live there myself. If I was picking somewhere in south east Clare It'd be Cratloe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Azphyxi8 wrote: »
    The commute from Parteen to the city centre should be reasonably good.

Traffic into town in the morning is crazy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Parteen is extremely quiet except for the local lads and their fasciination for kicking rudgy balls all over the place, inevitably leading to your car getting dinged. It's everywhere I suppose. And you do get the occasional scumbag mobile knacker unit driving around but rarely. Generally no anti-social behaviour of any sort there and people keep to themselves. No local shop though, however there is one within a 5 minute drive. And there are 2 local pubs, a church, a pitch and put club, and a primary school.

As for communting, only a few buses a day, and can be a bit of a nightmare in the morning and evening on the corbally side. Not uncommon to have tailbacks from westbury all the way back. You can also go the long pavement direction, but that can be equally as bad after watchhouse cross for traffic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

ninty9er wrote: »
    Westfields - An address on the NCR will carry a price tag and this one is Offers invited but on at €530k
    www.daft.ie/1407509

This shoebox is down from €530 to €340 (Updated yesterday morning) - am going to wait it out for another couple of years!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Casperbhoy

Raiser wrote: »
    This shoebox is down from €530 to €340 (Updated yesterday morning) - am going to wait it out for another couple of years!!!

still over priced, im waiting myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭mike kelly

Thanks - I do some more research & may have a few more questions for the limerick cew!

Don't buy a house in Limerick until you get to know the city well. It is a very different housing market from Dublin. Yes, prices are much lower and there are reasons for this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭manna452121

Their are a few houses for sale in the Caherdavin Lawn area,maybe you could have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭dave 27

luckily for you Limerick city have the cheapest house prices in the country than any other city so with half a million to spend, your going to have a very big range to chose from..personally, eventhough i live near caherdavin, castletroy would be my favourite.

the place is a town in itself with just over 30,000, you have shopping centres, cinema, university, parks etc and very well equipped in bus routes.

the nicest area (personally) would be the area of newtown, its rite next to castletroy park and school and a shopping complex and the cinema and shopping centre around the corner..

some of the types of houses in the bloomfield estate there

http://images.google.ie/imgres?imgurl=http://mediacache-s3eu.daft.ie/TzuIEYCyJUj7YVHG1Hm1DEVJAd-AYD5aGWDnLorOz3NtPWRhZnQmZT00MDB4MzAw.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft%3Fid%3D327546&usg=__aUonYNUwdInbjwskLMeGhE5yjwg=&h=300&w=400&sz=26&hl=en&start=2&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=J5MZETCjsA-_LM:&tbnh=93&tbnw=124&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dbloomfield%2Bcastletroy%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26tbs%3Disch:1

http://mediacache-s3eu.daft.ie/0zatwfse2OvPcl10TFNSFFWzIvWydMnyyvVxc9imoNBtPXBpZSZlPTQwMHgzMDA=.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castletroy

• Registered Users Posts: 1 grimlock2081

Hello everyone

I've been living in limerick now for several years and I'm getting ready to buy also, I have the estates narrowed down to two.
    I know the merits of each, what I am looking for is information such as parking problems, anti social behaviour, has limerick regeneration placed people in the estate, are there resident groups set up in Bloomfield and kylemore and so on

Any information would be greatly appreciated

Advertisement