Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance Claim

Options
  • 26-11-2008 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭

hi,

Anybody have an idea of the time line on an insurance claim with AIG.

My car was taken and found burnt out on Monday morning, reported to the garda and insurance on Monday. Tuesday the insurance engineer checked the car and today I get a call from the Uk booking a telephone call for next Tuesday with a claims manager.

I have a hire car till Monday, what happens then when I give it back. Do I hire a car and hope the insurance pays for that?

Any Ideas how long till the claim is sorted?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I don't think anyone here can give you a straight answer to any of these questions. You really need to be ringing your insurance company with these questions especially with regards the car rental before you could be out of pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭return guide

bazz26 wrote: »
    I don't think anyone here can give you a straight answer to any of these questions. You really need to be ringing your insurance company with these questions especially with regards the car rental before you could be out of pocket.

Thanks Bazz,

i was more wondering about the time frame from entering the claim to settlement.

The significant other will be with out transport, which impacts on me if you know what i mean.

Advertisement