Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blizzards Vs Coronas

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

The blizzards are bland?Actually do a little research before you jump in with an opinion.They are different.If you dont like them then ok but to say they are bland is a joke.I think the use of a dictionary might be an idea.
    It's a pity you have to resort to borderline personal insults - I think they are bland, that is my opinion. I have done research which comprised listening to their songs. Nothing horrendous about them but I personally think it's dull and uninteresting. I may have a different definition of "bland" to you. When it comes to music, "bland" doesn't have to simply mean lifeless and insipid. It can mean generic, derivative.
    i promiseyou alot do not know the first clue about them.
    How do you actually know? People tend to base their opinions of a musical act based on the songs they hear by them, rather than doing so based on nothing.
    There is so much crap music at the moment, lyrics that do not mean anything,same stuff over and over.The blizzards make no bones about it,their lyricsare simple,they dont sings crap about depressing things that no one wants to hear.They about light hearted things,theirmusic is completely'fresh', life is to be enjoyed and not to be to be taking to seriously and thats the impression they're music gives me.
    All of the above is your opinion, which you are very much entitled to. You say there's so much crap music, well some people think The Blizzards are included in that. And where are you getting that stuff about lyrics "nobody" wants to hear?
    An aside: I like anything I've heard by Delorentos.

I'm sick of people being attacked for their opinion on this forum. People might not always share views but they can't help their opinions - get the fuck over it.
    The people doing the defending and the "be NICE!!!" are coming across as FAR more unpleasant than those they have such a problem with.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭odonopenmic

Looks like there's only one way to settle this..... TOP TRUMPS!!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 ilovethearsenal

DrumSteve wrote: »
    hang on a second there bald eagle thats a slight exaggeration to say the least.

in relation to the bands i rather stab myself in the ears with a spoon than listen to either of them but i suppose you got to respect their management for getting mediocre bands that far.

What is an exaggeration?

If you do not like them thats fair enough, what bands do you like?
    Why leave a comment on this debate?

Dudess wrote: »
    It's a pity you have to resort to borderline personal insults - I think they are bland, that is my opinion. I have done research which comprised listening to their songs. Nothing horrendous about them but I personally think it's dull and uninteresting. I may have a different definition of "bland" to you. When it comes to music, "bland" doesn't have to simply mean lifeless and insipid. It can mean generic, derivative.

How do you actually know? People tend to base their opinions of a musical act based on the songs they hear by them, rather than doing so based on nothing.

All of the above is your opinion, which you are very much entitled to. You say there's so much crap music, well some people think The Blizzards are included in that. And where are you getting that stuff about lyrics "nobody" wants to hear?
    An aside: I like anything I've heard by Delorentos.

I'm sick of people being attacked for their opinion on this forum. People might not always share views but they can't help their opinions - get the fuck over it.
    The people doing the defending and the "be NICE!!!" are coming across as FAR more unpleasant than those they have such a problem with.

Whats your story?Trying to change the world, almost everthhing I say you have ridiculed.. You are completly over opinionated, trying to you words to make you feel more important. Stop writing back to whatevewr I say.

Whats your story?Trying to change the world, almost everthhing I say you have ridiculed..
    Oh ffs, I've done no such thing - I've merely disagreed with you and outlined my reasons why. You're the one who has ridiculed people. You really like The Blizzards - fair play to you, I haven't once told you you shouldn't. But telling people how they're wrong to have particular opinions on them that you don't agree with is bullsh1t. This is a discussion forum - if you want to effectively post how people are wrong for not agreeing with you and then throw all your toys out of the pram, you shouldn't be here.
    You are completly over opinionated
    No more than you are.
    trying to you words to make you feel more important.
    I'm sure you wouldn't say that if I took a similar stance in agreeing with you.
    Stop writing back to whatevewr I say.
    Who made you moderator? And your posts are directed at me...

• Advertisement

Oh ffs, I've done no such thing - I've disagreed with you, you're the one who has ridiculed people. You really like The Blizzards - fair play to you, I haven't once told you you shouldn't. But telling people how they're wrong to have particular opinions on them that you don't agree with is bullsh1t. This is a discussion forum - if you want to effectively post how people are wrong for not agreeing with you and then throw all your toys out of the pram, you shouldn't be here.

No more than you are.

I'm sure you wouldn't say that if I took a similar stance in agreeing with you.

Who made you moderator? And your posts are directed at me...

Absoloutely everything i have said you have commented back on in a negative way?Yes or no?

I never complained about anyones opinion.All I said was people should give them a chance especially before commenting,is there anything wrong with that?3 or 4 of their songs make the radio and they should not be judged on that, the stuff that has not made it to radio is unique and very good in my opinion. look there is no point in argueing over it, i'm going to look for my white flag.

Absoloutely everything i have said you have commented back on in a negative way?Yes or no?
    But here you (as in the general "you") put your comments out there in such a way as to invite discussion/challenge - it's not me trying to get at you personally at all. I don't like seeing any person here being sneered at for their tastes, and if it looks that way from me, you've got me all wrong.
    I never complained about anyones opinion.All I said was people should give them a chance especially before commenting,is there anything wrong with that?3 or 4 of their songs make the radio and they should not be judged on that, the stuff that has not made it to radio is unique and very good in my opinion.
    And that's what I'm disagreeing with - I think people have the right to make up their minds on the few songs they hear.
    i'm going to look for my white flag.
    Fair play to ya, me too... :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwcYKFx9IaU

This is the blizzards at their best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

tbh the only song i have heard from the blizzards is "trust me Im a doctor" which was played to death by Foley. Okay single but nothing special. Dont think either the Coronas or Blizzards or anything special and nothing compared to bands like the Blades or the Stars of Heaven or the Radiators from Space

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Looks like there's only one way to settle this..... TOP TRUMPS!!! ;)

I'd go more along the lines of celebrity death match....with a double knock out, if ya get my drift.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Icarian

When the Coronas and the Blizzards are two of the biggest bands in Ireland, at least commercially, and in terms of exposure, you know the Irish music industry is in trouble... we've always been a great nation for putting mediocrity on a pedestal, and saying "isn't that fantastic?" and the Coronas and Blizzards are mediocrity personified in music, and people... Kind of like all those non music fans that list Mundy in their favourite artist/band lists...

Only commercially successful Irish rock bands ever worth a crap were My Bloody Valentine, Thin Lizy and the Cranberries...

I now 'dudess' is going to be onto me but I dtill have to ask the question,why are people on here saying bad stuff about the coronas and ther blizzards,when their gripe seems to be about other things i.i cranberries or thin lizzy.lFor **** sake,music has moved on since we had to listen to that going on 20 YEARS now

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I now 'dudess' is going to be onto me but I dtill have to ask the question,why are people on here saying bad stuff about the coronas and ther blizzards,when their gripe seems to be about other things i.i cranberries or thin lizzy.lFor **** sake,music has moved on since we had to listen to that going on 20 YEARS now

Your posts get more and more laughable each day. Much like your taste in music. Again i ask please name some of the bands that you think the blizzards are better than. Seen as they are the best irish music has to offer over the last 20 years or feel free to ignore this post of mine yet again.

I'd go more along the lines of celebrity death match....with a double knock out, if ya get my drift.

Double KO as long you can prevent them from making more ****e songs - like that doctor one and the domino one!

lordgoat wrote: »
    Your posts get more and more laughable each day. Much like your taste in music. Again i ask please name some of the bands that you think the blizzards are better than. Seen as they are the best irish music has to offer over the last 20 years or feel free to ignore this post of mine yet again.

I have answered that already, I might have went slightly overboard with that but they are up there..
    Music I like range from Kol,artic monkeys,hockey,passion pit,the delorentos to carl cox,calvin harris..Music of now, whats yours?

I have answered that already, I might have went slightly overboard with that but they are up there..
    Music I like range from Kol,artic monkeys,hockey,passion pit,the delorentos to carl cox,calvin harris..Music of now, whats yours?
    Have to side with Lordgoat here. That you chose either band is a bit ridiculous. They are darlings of some djs but dont think that necessarily makes them any good. Certainly nowhere near as good as past bands as Stars of Heaven, Fatima Mansions/Microdisney the Blades, Radiators from Space, That Petrol Emotion, Something Happens, A House or even Power of Dreams.
    Personally speaking Im against these A v B threads which were the norm on another website.
    Dont think your opinion is totally isolated
    This years Meteor awards listed five acts below as best Irish acts. Was a depressing list IMO.

Best Irish Band

* Bell X1
    * The Coronas
    * Delorentos
    * Snow Patrol[3]
    * U2

I now 'dudess' is going to be onto me
    Not a chance! :D

And The Blizzards are better than The Cranberries (in my opinion, Cranberries fans...)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Dudess what is the difference to bland and dull in your opinion?

rovert wrote: »
    Dudess what is the difference to bland and dull in your opinion?
    I'll answer once you ask everyone else here to back up their opinions/descriptions forensically, k? :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I'll answer once you ask everyone else here to back up their opinions/descriptions forensically, k? :)

Anything more that a more monosyllabic description is forensic?

• Advertisement

No, but you just keep changing the goalposts so much... and will do that with no matter what I say, so no thanks.

What bands do you dislike? Why? I demand explanation now! :mad:

Actually no, I couldn't give a sh1t about people's opinions on bands I like/dislike - they don't affect me.

For those it does affect, sucks to be them... :)

No you haven't answered it. You've said the blizzards are the best irish band of the last 20 years and still have not named any irish bands. I doubt you could name ten irish bands from the last 20 years. Your posts are far from thought out and to me it seems you're only opinion (which you continuously state as fact) is 'da blizzards are awesomo, if you don't like em you have crap taste in music'.

Not that it matters but my music is in my sig.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Irelands answer to Blur v Oasis. Sure God love us.

Irelands answer to Blur v Oasis. Sure God love us.
    Thats stretching it a bit to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

What is an exaggeration?

If you do not like them thats fair enough, what bands do you like?
    Why leave a comment on this debate?

you said the blizzards are borderline punk. thats the exaggeration.

what bands do i like? why does that matter? for the record im a big fan of maroon 5(a proper pop/rock band).

other than that it'd have to be slayer, rammstein,tool,deicide,morbid angel,metallica, anaal nathrahk,decapitated, carpathian forest, and JLS.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Thats stretching it a bit to be honest.

Not really, unfortunately

Advertisement