Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Bay on Ice

Options
  • 26-11-2008 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭

Starting Dec 1st and a family ticket is 50E. Now I'm not a tight git but is it really worth it? I've heard from previous years the rink is a bit small and crowded?

Btw, I lolled at the "anyone job?" threads :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Does ANYONE?! ANYONE?!?!?! know what a ticket costs for an ordinary Joe without a family?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭galvianlord

is that what they are building down in the swamp?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

cornbb wrote: »
    Does ANYONE?! ANYONE?!?!?! know what a ticket costs for an ordinary Joe without a family?
    http://www.galwaybayonice.com/book.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

It's not really GALWAY BAY ON ICE though, is it? Tis more like 'an ice rink in smelly south park' :pac:

False advertising to the highest order. I demand Galway Bay to be frozen :D

I was a little shocked by the price of the ice rink in Leisureland last year, but it was a once off so wasn't too bothered. I'll prob go back for the craic again this year regardless of the price - you'd be amazed how much fun it can be after a few pints and a good crowd of ye :D

PS. Any jobs?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

biko wrote: »

That's expensive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Any chance they'll rent out stabilisers this year? Damn near broke my arse up there last year (damned lack of balance, high centre of gravity, and general fatassedness!)

Fey! wrote: »
    Any chance they'll rent out stabilisers this year? Damn near broke my arse up there last year (damned lack of balance, high centre of gravity, and general fatassedness!)

roffle :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Fey! wrote: »
    Damn near broke my arse up there last year

Think of poor boneyarsebogman, no padding at all! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

work brought us all to this last year. it was great fun. hope they do it again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I hate the fact it's ridiculously expensive. I know two people who ended up in casualty, one who fell over a child who was skating the wrong way wrong thinking they were an child Olympian..personally I can't skate and wouldn't waste my time or money (or bones) going, cos I can guarantee i would be the one falling on my arse. At that cost i wouldn't recommend anyone go!

• Advertisement

I hate the fact it's ridiculously expensive. I know two people who ended up in casualty, one who fell over a child who was skating the wrong way wrong thinking they were an child Olympian..personally I can't skate and wouldn't waste my time or money (or bones) going, cos I can guarantee i would be the one falling on my arse. At that cost i wouldn't recommend anyone go!

Just because you suck at something doesn't mean you have to try and stop everyone else having fun! Yeah it's crazy expensive, but at €14.50 for a student, feckit, i'm going!

I do suck at skating. Majorly. Even as a kid I was the one watching all the cool kids on rollerskates/blades gliding past me...and then being treated for broken bones/bloody noses/lost teeth..You go have your fun, I'll have mine:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

What a ripoff. Christmas ice rinks are the epitome of ripoff Ireland. Poor product, high price and a **** you attitude.

What a ripoff. Christmas ice rinks are the epitome of ripoff Ireland. Poor product, high price and a **** you attitude.

Bah humbug! tis a recession ya know!!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

A proper ice rink at a more reasonable price.

http://www.dundalkicedome.com/timetable.php

Advertisement