Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

migranes-imagran tablets??

Options
  • 26-11-2008 1:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭

i have suffered with migranes for years and was using a tablet called migranate it works on the blood vessels in the head. But they have taken it off the market which i wasn't to happy about and i am now using imigran which are supposed to be even better than the others. I don't find them good at all and they take a long time to start to work,maybe im taking them at the wrong time or not enough.
    just wondering does anyone else take them and what do you think of them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

I've suffered migraines for years but I was never on those. I was prescribed beta-blockers (half-inderal) which helped a fair bit (unfortunately high blood pressure wasnt my underlying problem so I had to come off them). Have you spoken to your doctor about their effectiveness? Medications will have different levels of effect on different people depending on a lot of different factors such as body mass, ethnicity, gender, other illnesses and medications, metabolism etc If the meds you are on arent working after about 2 weeks then you should speak to your doctor anbout trying something else, particularly with migraine since the pain is so debilitating.

Advertisement