Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Any help welcome!

Options
  • 26-11-2008 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi guys,,

i had a thread here a while back regarding power loss on a 99 Terrano 2.7tdi...i was told by a couple of boardsies that it could be the air flow meter that needs replacing..ive cleaned the meter and the sensor with an ecectrical cleaning spray and there has been a noticable difference, ie , there is a little bit more power when revving but not enough..

my question is can i just buy the actual air flow sensor that fits inside the meter housing..a few dealers are telling me i have to buy the whole thing but its not necessary cause the housing is fine...its bosch manufactured so should i just try factory direct?

also do is it sound to people that it is infact the air flow sensor is fecked?
    symptoms include, low revs and no power..could it be anything else?

any help would be greatly appreciated

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

NDM wrote: »
    Hi guys,,

i had a thread here a while back regarding power loss on a 99 Terrano 2.7tdi...i was told by a couple of boardsies that it could be the air flow meter that needs replacing..ive cleaned the meter and the sensor with an ecectrical cleaning spray and there has been a noticable difference, ie , there is a little bit more power when revving but not enough..

my question is can i just buy the actual air flow sensor that fits inside the meter housing..a few dealers are telling me i have to buy the whole thing but its not necessary cause the housing is fine...its bosch manufactured so should i just try factory direct?

also do is it sound to people that it is infact the air flow sensor is fecked?
    symptoms include, low revs and no power..could it be anything else?

any help would be greatly appreciated

cheers

Don't have much specicif experience on that model OP, but if the air flow meter is the cause of the problem, cleaning it out won't make much difference I think, because the problem is internal to the component. You can normally just replace the air flow sensor but maybe on the Terrano it is intergrated with the housing or something... The sensor usually comes with a housing of its own, it is a flow-through/serial type device because it has to be to measure air flow.

I wouldn't go changing it unless you have a fault code or real time signal data to back up the theory that the air flow meter is the problem...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭stealthyspeeder

I dont know about that specific model but if it has been raked about a bit the turbo could be the source of the problem (esp if it hasnt been given the chace to cool down properly after a good session at high revs). Give it an oil change (my car always seems to find a bit of lost power after one)

Advertisement