Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Breakfast in Cork City

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Mr Cork Man

I like zaks on marlborough street.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Amnesiac_ie

I had Eggs Florentine for Breakfast in The Restuarant Formerly Known as Nutmeg today and they were goooooooood.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

Jimbo wrote: »
    Kafkas were the business. I was so disappointed when they moved.

Yea Tonys Bistro would probably be your best bet
    and their sloppy joes were AWESOME! my hangover cure for 2years!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭IMC042

I make the best breakfast in cork city!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

glanman wrote: »
    Had breakfast in Jurys Hotel on Western Road last year. Was unreal but not sure how much it is to buy as i stayed there the night before. Cereals, Contential, Fry, Eggs, Pastries and Fruit. Self Service but all is cooked up and topped up by the kitchen that is is full view of breakfast room. About 5 mins walk from Grand Parade

Had my breakfast in Jurys last Friday week, €17 per head (long story why I was there). Expensive but it was as good as breakfast gets, lots of choice, not just a fry.
    They offer at least 3 types of egg, poached, fried, scrambled, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭gccorcaigh

Tonys Bistro is gorgeous. If youare willing to leave the city, the Rochestown Inn does lovely breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

gccorcaigh wrote: »
    If youare willing to leave the city, the Rochestown Inn does lovely breakfast.

It's only fair TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭dewdrop

Recession must not have hit Cork yet with all these folks dining out for breakfast. As a matter of interest when did this custom begin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

dewdrop wrote: »
    Recession must not have hit Cork yet with all these folks dining out for breakfast. As a matter of interest when did this custom begin?

Early morning apparently .... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭dewdrop

Nice one Mumha. When i was young no such thing as paying for a breki and a few sambas did us for lunch. world has changed but we may see a reversal soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

Fancy heading out for a big dirty fry up this morning, what are the latest recommendations folks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Flying Enterprise breakfasts are great. Very big breakfast of toast, scrambled eggs, mushrooms, potato cake, fried tomato, coffee and juice for under a tenner. Great friendly service too.

Can't vouch for the dirty fry-ups though, as I'm a veggie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I'd recommend the Silver Key if it isn't too far out of town for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭iseegirls

iseegirls wrote: »
    Hey i'm on my way to Cork tomorrow morning, and i need something nice and er . . greasy to get my day off to a boost when i get down.

Any restaurants or pubs would ye suggest has the best breakfast fry in the centre of town?

Didn't know I've been on here for 10 years! Just so people have some closure - we went for Tony's Bistro back then. :)

Flying Enterprise breakfasts are great. Very big breakfast of toast, scrambled eggs, mushrooms, potato cake, fried tomato, coffee and juice for under a tenner. Great friendly service too.

Can't vouch for the dirty fry-ups though, as I'm a veggie.

Yeah have tried flying enterprise previously and its good tuck but fancied a change!

Colser wrote: »
    I'd recommend the Silver Key if it isn't too far out of town for you.

Not far actually so ill try it out next time, cheers!

Actually ventured out to the restaurant inside dunnes bishopstown based on a recommendation here on this thread, not too bad at all and very keenly priced...

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭davidglanza

I got breakfast today in shake dog across from brick lane pub on North main Street
    For 8 euro 2 sausages.. 2eggs.. 2 rashers.. 2 black pudding.. beans.. mushrooms.. chips... Toast and tea/coffee...

I got breakfast today in shake dog across from brick lane pub on North main Street
    For 8 euro 2 sausages.. 2eggs.. 2 rashers.. 2 black pudding.. beans.. mushrooms.. chips... Toast and tea/coffee...

Very good value, one in frankfield also, it might be better for parking...ill pop up soon! Nice one!

Advertisement