Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voice Removal from CD track

Options
  • 26-11-2008 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good program for
    removing voice from music CD - to make Karaoke track

Regards
    Scliffy

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 689 ✭✭✭FlipperThePriest

The only way you'll be able to do this, I think, is if the vocal track is right down the middle and dry from any reverb, if so - downloadaudacity.

When you run audacity on the tab choose project>import to import youryour mp3 file and when the track loads click the dropdown arrow of the track and split the stereo track. You now have two tracks left and right. Select 1 track and on the tab select effects and invert. This will invert the phase of this track so anything that is equal on both sides (i.e. dry vocals straight down the middle) will be cancelled out. Again if there's reverb on the vocals or they are recorded off centre it won't work/the sound will be glitchy.

Then make each track mono after the invert by selecting the dropdown arrow on left of track

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭CyberDave

I'm not sure how much help this is, but I'll post it anyway. Griffin (the guys who do the iTrip) have this thing for the iPod called an iKaraoke. It dims the vocals on a track allowing you to sing along. I'm not sure how you would go about attaching an iPod to a Karaoke machine.

Advertisement