Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Average Age of Atheists! Is it 14 or 15?

Options
  • 26-11-2008 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

I think its very clear that the majority of atheists are young immature boys, rebelling against anything that is good and looking for some attention. Its clear from the posts on here that the maturity of the atheist posters is quite low.

My guess is that most atheists on here are in their late teens or early 20s?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070422032122AAC8pHc

Am I wrong or right? Are you young guys with the odd young girl thrown in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Heh, considering the catholic churches stance on abortion and contraception I'd say that the average atheists age is a little older than the average christians.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Oh mercy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Gareth37 wrote: »
    Are you young guys with the odd young girl thrown in?

Atheism != barely legal orgy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

throw up a poll and lets see

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

Well personally I'm turning 30 soon enough and any atheists I know are all around my age or older..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Annoying teens as atheists. Annoying teens as born again christians. Annoying teens as wiccans. They're everywhere tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

220px-Trollz-amethyst.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭jaykay74

I think its very clear that the majority of atheists are young immature boys, rebelling against anything that is good and looking for some attention. Its clear from the posts on here that the maturity of the atheist posters is quite low.

Yahoo answer statistics. Thats a kind of evidence I suppose :D I'm more worried about your "number of the beast" post count. Begone evil one. I'm 34 btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

Gareth, the devil has gotten hold of you with that post. Repent, repent!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

Let us not forget two facts (:p):

Atheists know more than theists.
    Young people know more than old people.

Put two and two together and you've got your answer!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Yahoo answer statistics. Thats a kind of evidence I suppose :D I'm more worried about your "number of the beast" post count. Begone evil one. I'm 34 btw.

Thankfully post 666 was in the atheist forum ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭cavedave

Oh My Gawd you totally dished us, I am soo going to put this up on bebo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Not sure if 14 or 15 is the average age of atheists, but it does not seem to be far off your IQ.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

He may even be the devil himself for all we know :eek:

Edit: Aah, got in a bit late with that.Couldn't find how to upload the attachment quick enough :(

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭D.S.

One of the worst attempts at trolling I have ever seen....

rebelling against anything that is good QUOTE]

This alone just makes me laugh..

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Judging by your posts you sound the same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Looks like the game is up. We've all been rumbled. Right so, I suppose we better find religion. Now tell me what yours got to offer us. I've gotta say I like the idea of multiple gods a la zeus,thor, venus and what not. That way at least if you burn your bridges with one you can still move onto the next one. Although yours does offer attractive holiday entitlements. Ah decisions decisions...

I would like to post a more serious reply but the starting point of your argument just doesn't leave any avenue for credible argument. i.e. your point is stupid and wrong just to be clear. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Female, 30. I believe there's a higher power.

However, I don't believe there's a kind god looking after us and who'll help us if we pray, bla bla. Because the horrific sh1t that's going on and always has gone on... well a kind god would hardly allow it. And praying obviously isn't making a difference. And don't give me the free will argument because that doesn't explain some little kid dying of cancer, or Hurricane Katrina, or the tsunami. And if you're gonna go all old testament about how those things are punishments for our sins... well then that just indicates how god is indeed not a kind, loving entity and is actually a petty, vengeful, cruel one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

baby1ph.jpg

• Advertisement

MrPudding wrote: »
    Not sure if 14 or 15 is the average age of atheists, but it does not seem to be far off your IQ.

MrP

I assure you that my IQ is fine ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

I assure you that my IQ is fine ;)

I see no evidence of that ... you want us to take it on faith right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

I think its very clear that the majority of atheists are young immature boys,

How did you come to this viewpoint? Do you have actual facts or are you guessing, or is it a faith thing?
    rebelling against anything that is good and looking for some attention.

Religion being "good for you" as you are insinuating is a subjective opinion.

Its clear from the posts on here that the maturity of the atheist posters is quite low.

On the contrary, the posters on this side of the fence appear mature, well reasoned and rational, while you on the other hand appear prone to delusional thinking and toddler like outbursts.

You're wrong.

35 here by the way.

Dudess wrote: »
    Because the horrific sh1t that's going on and always has gone on... well a kind god would hardly allow it. And praying obviously isn't making a difference. And don't give me the free will argument because that doesn't explain some little kid dying of cancer, or Hurricane Katrina, or the tsunami. And if you're gonna go all old testament about how those things are punishments for our sins... well then that just indicates how god is indeed not a kind, loving entity and is actually a petty, vengeful, cruel one.

Did it ever cross your mind that its the Evil One that causes the horrific stuff? Who told you God caused this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

Did it ever cross your mind that its the Evil One that causes the horrific stuff? Who told you God caused this?

But omnipotent god allows it to happen. You let him off the hook real easy now don't you?

43 btw.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

What a low grade troll.

29, fwiw.

I think if god intended to convert atheists he would have sent a better representative than you (no offense). You are the proof of atheism, the holy grail so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

And the 'evil one' was created by...?

I think I back up your guess (and I'm the first one to do so) by being 24. That said, I'm not exactly a typical atheist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

God created the one we call the Desolate one, you <insert politically correct term for someone with a low IQ here>.

The ripe young age of 25.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

I think the majority of teenage boys will rebel against something. Maybe something they've been forced to do, like go to church. I became an atheist at this age, however I'm a 30 year old female now and still an atheist. Sure, it started as a rebellion against the crap that was being force-fed at school but when I really started thinking about it I found many reasons to back up my initial feelings and have been reading about it ever since.

I think, contrary to your feeling that most people who post here are juvenile "I just don't believe" type atheists, the large majority of posters are actually educated, knowledgable, widely-read and more than capable of getting their points across in an articulate manner.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement