Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Window Supplier

• 26-11-2008 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi All,

My head is melted! Plain and simple. The reason being that I am trying to choose a window supplier for AluClad windows.

I am down to three main suppliers namely <snip>
    I have been told something different from all of them and I do not know who to believe.

<snip>Does anyone know what is the best wood and what questions should I be asking in relation to U - Values, Thermal Bridging, Certification.

Anyone used a supplier that they would recommend? Recommendations by pm please.
    Many Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭Juantorena

I'm not sure there is a best wood out there for windows - maybe someone out there can correct me.

Pine is usually the base model, so to speak. Do they suggest this as that is all they do? On what basis are any of the suppliers recommending these timbers? I'd generally say your choice of wood is down to aesthetic and cost.

Overall unit u-value is what I am concerned with - i.e. not just the glass but the combination of glass and frame. They should be able to supply a cert for this - and possibly for each individual unit depending on size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

+1 to above and - ask to see samples . See what you like best in real life .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Guys, please read the charter with regards to naming companies and recommendations.

Posts edited.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭wardwil

Apologies about the names...

You are correct about the U-Values.. This is not just the window but also the frame and there should be some thermal bridging within them.

Can anyone PM me with suppliers they have used and trusted.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭Juantorena

Yes, apologies smashey - mental block there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement