Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LEGO PROMOTION

Options
  • 26-11-2008 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if any one here applied for the 12 free Lego toy promotion that The Mirror news paper had last month.

I collected all the tokens and sent off for the toys . It said wait 28 days for delivery.

I am relaying on these toys for my 4 years old boys Christmas present.

its 30 days now I think and my postage cheque of 9 euro has not been cashed...

I really hope this arrives. Or Santa will be in the bad books.

Where does one stand in matter like this.

Is the news paper under any obligation to fulfill there end of the deal.

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Did you try calling into a Smyths store - they seemed to have boxes of them in there a few weeks ago ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

parsi wrote: »
    Did you try calling into a Smyths store - they seemed to have boxes of them in there a few weeks ago ?

I will call them to check. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

gsxr1 wrote: »
    It said wait 28 days for delivery.

All this means is that you shouldn't expect delivery before 28 days. It can take much longer to actually deliver the goods.

If the offer has been hugely popular, then it might take a while for the goods to arrive. Frankly, I wouldn't be depending on it for Christmas, but you probably will get the toys at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I've done a couple of these over time with 'the mail' and in one case I think it was almost 6 months before I got it. Once you see the cheque has been cashed, you should get it fairly soon after that. I was never waiting on it and once or twice I'd even forgotten about applying for stuff when it arrived. I'd say your best bet might be to try contacting the newspaper and they may be able to give you any indication. I'd say there's no point contacting smyths as most of the offers are dispatched from warehouses either here or in the uk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

It could be another guiness poker set issue.

I received my guinness poker set 9 months after registering.

• Advertisement

arrived. Its really cool. I was tempted to build the toys myself. Wife restrained me:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭accensi0n

syklops wrote: »
    It could be another guiness poker set issue.

I received my guinness poker set 9 months after registering.

I'm still waiting on mine...

I did receive a calender from them though because of being added to a list when registering for the poker set...

accensi0n wrote: »
    I'm still waiting on mine...

I did receive a calender from them though because of being added to a list when registering for the poker set...

its probably for the best.

lots of stout and a poker set sounds like a bad combination

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

gsxr1 wrote: »
    arrived. Its really cool. I was tempted to build the toys myself. Wife restrained me:D

is right, my sons only four so had to build them for him :pac::pac::pac:

Advertisement