Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chorus shapeing

Options
  • 26-11-2008 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭

I have just ordered chorus 20m

digi webs rolling cap was doing my nut.

I did not ask about traffic shapeing.

I want to seed torrents 24hrs a day with Utorrent.

I download only around 11pm .

Will chorus stop this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

phoned the tech team at chorus to ask them the same question.

The nice lady replayed.

"We do close down ports from time to time. We have had complaits about port being closed. These complaints are being investagated."

Would I be wrong in thinking that if a port was closed, you could open another port manualy .

does the user have access to ports??

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sakej

I just got 24mbit line from them and its all crap ... ALL ports are blocked even 21 or 80 ...

everytime i've been calling support team i've get the same answer from different "nice" ppl ... your modem works fine .... like they even dont know whats ports are ....

btw... it dosent matter that i use my router or direct connection ... its always blocked ...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

i was rang a week or two go and was talkin to a lad for ages, i asked him bout ports and he said they are never blocked, if they are y dont i ever have trouble playin the ps3 or usin utorrent, some games on the ps3 use p2p servers

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

try keep it to here lads http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055334444&page=34
    sakej wrote: »
    I just got 24mbit line from them and its all crap ... ALL ports are blocked even 21 or 80 ...

btw... it dosent matter that i use my router or direct connection ... its always blocked ...

so port 80 is blocked? so you cant even browse the net? :)
    You sure your not trying to forward ports on your router which no ISP will ever help you with, hardl;y UPC's fault

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

sakej wrote: »

everytime i've been calling support team i've get the same answer from different "nice" ppl ... your modem works fine .... like they even dont know whats ports are ....

I bet they know that they don't sell a 24mbit service though.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement