Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electricity Energy monitors

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

As it shows in the picture it just clamps around the cable of the appliance you are measuring and sends the data to the display. Measures the magnetic field and calculates usage from that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

FX Meister is correct. It measures the current running through the cables. So what! It won't actually reduce your bill. A pointless gadget IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I don't know if it's pointless?

Awareness is a big factor, so if you can actually get a clearer picture of exactly what you are using, it might encourage you to use smarter.

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Awareness?
    Just plug out everything when you go to bed, simple.

Heres a rough e-Vampire guide

008_vampire_energy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Ah! so that's why the very site you took that snapshot from is recommending these monitors?

Hmmm...... :P

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

$2.50 a year wasted keeping my computer monitor on. That's why my bills are so high

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

A friend has this one and they're a great idea. Gives you an idea of current usage and cost, great for educating kids on turning off lights etc. as it displays actual cost savings. He recons that he's saved the cost of it over the past year.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I have the Efergy, and find it to be a good device alright.

Advertisement