Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mr C record Collection For Sale

• 26-11-2008 5:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭

On eBay for £75,000 :eek: i can imagine there are some vintage tunes in that collection, cant see any list though although it would probably take days to type out a complete list of every tune, i bet it's only a matter before someone asks for soundclips of the tunes:p

Nah in all seriousness seen Mr C several times and has always been good, i suppose he has done it all really, had some top hits with the Shamen, DJ'ed all over the world and co owned a legendary club The End in london so best of luck to him,although in these times of recession i don't hold out much hope of him shifting these records unless another rich DJ buys them.:)

eBay Link

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330289640769

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

oooh chancing it!!!

No way will he get 75k for them... He'd easily get that if he sold seperately mind you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

My jaysus that must be some f*cking collection!!

Ok his reasons are moving to another country, still though, someone like that (obviously very hardcore about his music) - why is he really doing it? He hardly needs the cash does he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 jaygrogan

Credit crunch? :)

I wonder where he's moving to. Or if it's genuine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Does seem a little iffy alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭electrofilth

seller has no feeddback and only four stars, which is possible by setting up two or three ebay a/cs snd buying/selling to yourself....looks like a pile of steaming **** to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

NOOOOOOOOOOO. Say it aint so. I lived in london in 98/99 and i lived for The End. Saw all my favourite djs there, darren emerson, cox, claude young, space djz, billy nasty the list goes on. Mr C is a legend and i cant believe he's selling his collection. To me thats like selling your child. He must have some interfering wifey thing giving him grief about wanting the spare room for yoga or some such sh1te. Then again he's a reknowned p1ss taker so you wouldn't know what he's at. My friendly neighbourhood pharmacist over there was a mad cnt from donegal who knew C from the early raves and squat parties and he reckoned he was a hillarious chap. I just hope he re considers. Didnt Ray D'arcy go on about gettin rid of his collection last year too...because of the missus aswell if i recall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Daroxtar wrote: »
    NOOOOOOOOOOO. Say it aint so. I lived in london in 98/99 and i lived for The End. Saw all my favourite djs there, darren emerson, cox, claude young, space djz, billy nasty the list goes on. Mr C is a legend and i cant believe he's selling his collection. To me thats like selling your child. He must have some interfering wifey thing giving him grief about wanting the spare room for yoga or some such sh1te. Then again he's a reknowned p1ss taker so you wouldn't know what he's at. My friendly neighbourhood pharmacist over there was a mad cnt from donegal who knew C from the early raves and squat parties and he reckoned he was a hillarious chap. I just hope he re considers. Didnt Ray D'arcy go on about gettin rid of his collection last year too...because of the missus aswell if i recall.

hahaha:D no offence mate but people like Ray D'arcy cant be mentioned in the same breath like Mr C, and anyone who sells their recoerds over their missus deserves shooting:pac:

Only one way to find out if this is a real ad, if you had the money commit to buy then meet in person;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 En-Motion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭hans aus dtschl

Ray D'Arcy should have sold the missus and bought records....

Its genuine alright. Saw a link to a further post he made where someone started getting snotty about the records and he lost the head a bit and was giving it 'the Big I' a tad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

jonny68 wrote: »
    hahaha:D no offence mate but people like Ray D'arcy cant be mentioned in the same breath like Mr C, and anyone who sells their recoerds over their missus deserves shooting:pac:
    In fairness though a DJ's record collection is a highly personal thing regardless of whether that DJ is deemed "cool" or not. And in fairness to D'Arcy, he may be a grumpty old sh1te and not relevant as a music DJ anymore but he has certainly earned his stripes as a Mobile Jock back in the day.

As for Mr.C, I'm really surprised that someone would sell their collection, if not least for the sentimental reasons, but then again he's done it before so it shouldn't be that surprising. Maybe the Digital age is a factor in his decision, why have a room full of Vinyl when you can have the whole lot stored on a Hardrive.

The price is a bit ridiculous too. He's averaging it out at £5 a record. I'm sure there's a few gems in there but a hell of a lot of tat also.

Advertisement