Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB blocking news server ??

Options
  • 26-11-2008 5:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

Have been pulling my hair out for the last few days because all of a sudden i couldnt connect to my news server that ive used for months (still 6months credit with em) anyway after doing everything i could think of i did a ping and tracert and sent results to newserver tech support, they have got back telling me to contact my isp....anyone else have any similar problems??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 BrotherGrim

I've had a few problems connecting with IBB to the occasional site, found it to be a DNS problem so I now use an OpenDNS ip as my primary.

If that doesn't work look for an open proxy site on the web. You should be able to enter the url there & it will display the site if its up.

GL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Or if you don't like openDNS try these:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

They might well be blocking NNTP, or maybe just the port. Normally you'd use port 119, so see if your server supports other ports and try those.

Then contact IBB if that doesn't fix it.

Advertisement