Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dad's 60th

Options
  • 26-11-2008 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi All,

Im stumped! My dads 60th is coming up and have no idea what to get/do so anyone got any ideas? He wouldn't want any sorta party so thats out, any ideas?? Wouldn't mind getting a joint xmas/bday pressie for the dearer ideas or I could get together with siblings either... they're students tho! :eek: Thanks!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Your Dad will not be expecting something expensive if there are students in the family, so don't be worrying about money. I have always found that the presents you put a lot of thought into are the best ones. I would imagine your Dad would enjoy his day with his family around him. Plan a meal at home, with you all doing the cooking. Make a fuss of him (his favourite wine,food etc).
    At 60 there must be hundreds of photos of him around. Have a look through this forum, there are tons of ideas for photo type presents that don't cost a fortune. You could put a 'This is your life' type of album together. Make sure to include photos of his parents/siblings/friends even if they have passed on. By all means put your money together and buy him a nice pressie(something he would not buy for himself). If he is into music and has old albums, you could get him a USB turntable so he can put them all onto a computer or cd- just an idea.

As I said if he is like most Dads he won't be expecting expensive gifts so make the day a chance to say thank you for all he has done for you all.
    Just make a fuss of him.

Advertisement