Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

05 Accord with 95k miles!

Options
  • 26-11-2008 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Looking at an 05 Honda Accord with 95k miles on it - its going for approx 12k, including VRT etc. I know its a lot of miles for a three year old car and everything depends on service history. The car has full Honda service history - but there's a lot of miles in between (see attached details). Should I be worried?

Thanks in adv for your thoughts!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

I had that very car come back to me a few weeks ago off lease - same miles, 2.2 Diesel, straight car, leather, the works..

Sold it for 9k....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭positron

Yeah right! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Serious! Was a nice car, the mileage was too high to retail it, but we sold it to a guy who one of the lads knew, he was delighted with it!

I have a 06 Focus van with 99000kms on it for 8k - check carzone and see what the cheapest van is on it.

You'd be surprised the deals are still out there.

Well, I am not looking for a Focus Van, but had a look at Carzone for Accords last night - which I do everytime before checking UK websites - and the cheapest 05 was around 12k + VRT.

May be deals are being 'had' by the insiders, as me, average Joe, looking at the common channels, still finds its cheaper across the water. I did post last week that the I was quoted 20k for the same car by the local Honda dealer...

Anyway... back my original question..! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

There are a few stamps missing, but the printout looks fine. Have you called Grantham to verify the details? And how much does the seller want?

• Advertisement

Thanks Anan! I haven't called Grantham Honda yet - its £5500, from one of the large car supermarkets (might be sold by the time I try and reserve it.. but I didn't want to reserve it without checking here first! pac:)

Sorry, I thought the car was already in the country. Don't forget that the VRT system favours low-mileage cars, you'll be paying roughly the same VRT for something that's worth a lot more here. Another £1,000 for one with a third of the mileage would sound like a better plan to me.

Anan, thanks, how does that work? I didn't think mileage has a lot of effect on VRT calculation? Just checked the same car with two different mileages and no major difference...

05 Accord at 95000 miles - €4078.
    05 Accord at 60000 miles - €4116.
    05 Accord at 30000 miles - €4332.

thanks again!

Whereas UK prices take account of mileage, VRT, as you've shown, doesn't really. Say you pay an extra £1,000 for a car with 20k as opposed to 90k miles, the VRT is the same but the car should be worth more than that £1,000extra here on Irish plates. Low-mileage cars are therefore better propositions for import. All IMO, of course.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Anan1 wrote: »
    Whereas UK prices take account of mileage, VRT, as you've shown, doesn't really. Say you pay an extra £1,000 for a car with 20k as opposed to 90k miles, the VRT is the same but the car should be worth more than that £1,000extra here on Irish plates. Low-mileage cars are therefore better propositions for import. All IMO, of course.:)

Aye, but if it's in the country with 20k on it, make sure it has a service history with it. Good points there Anan1.

• Advertisement
Advertisement