Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Paranoid Visions

• 26-11-2008 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭

I've seen posters about the place for this band.
    wasn't there a punk /hardcore / crossover type band called paranoid visions doing the rounds in dublin back in the late 80's early 90's called paranoid visions? or is this the same band??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Tis the same band alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭steveone

thats great and fair play to them!..they should have a greatest hits album by now ha:D

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭anti-venom

steveone wrote: »
    thats great and fair play to them!..they should have a greatest hits album by now ha:D

They do....sort of.....After The Faction, it's called.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭OLP

They also have a CD out called Outside In, it's basically a Best of.. I picked it up a few years ago in Sound Cellar. It's excellent.

Paranoid Visions have a new album out and another on on the way. They regularly play gigs all over Ireland. Most of their gigs do be posted on the Punk forum of this site and also here: http://www.thumped.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=14

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Dave...

Is that the band that Dec from Striknein DC sang in aswell?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭anti-venom

Dave... wrote: »
    Is that the band that Dec from Striknein DC sang in aswell?

That's the one alright, though he's maybe better known from Paranoid Visions. Striknien DC were a great band aswell, with at least two top notch albums, but they didn't get the recognition they deserved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭ZakAttak

Im a Massive Striknein DC fan. I remember being at school and everyone was listening to The Offspring (not the worst) and Blink 182 (horrendous) and thinking 'why are they listening to this b0ll0x when theres an Irish band that are ten times better?'. I'm no Celtic headcase but I do love 'World Cup '94' (its on 'from the dead room' - I think).

2 words sum up Striknein; 'fvck1n rapid'.

They also had something which is completely absent from Indy-sh1t, a sense of humour.

Fight Like Apes? Fvck right off; Striknein's where its at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭OLP

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

PV are playin tomorrow night in Dorans. PA posts on here a bit. Mainly in the punk section.

Advertisement