Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

going out at the weekend

Options
  • 26-11-2008 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

myself and many of my friends are quite stressed out about the leaving cert.. so much so that we find ourselves going out less.Is anyone else getting stressed and how often would you go out!?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭eoins2345

Heres the plan i think you should try ad get a good bit done of friday evening and saturday afternoon. Then you can go out without feeling guilty perhaps every second weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

My last weekend out is this weekend, then study for xmas starts. Then [party hard to fook at xmas hols.
    et
    Hold back on going out again until feb mid term after mocks, go out as normal/when wanted up until eater, then batten the hatches and do some sttduy, 19th(i think), the firday of applied maths, will be some unholy piss up, thats what im looking forward to!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

poisonated wrote: »
    myself and many of my friends are quite stressed out about the leaving cert.. so much so that we find ourselves going out less.Is anyone else getting stressed and how often would you go out!?

Billy? You've stopped lurking and actually posted, now I'll bother you everyday by quoting what you say on the internet! (If this happens not to be Billy, ignore this :))

Last time before the 23rd this Saturday I think, although 4 weekend next week, UCD open day, then 3 day weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

I go out every weekend - not matter how much study you do you still need a break.

It can really f*ck up your sleeping patterns though, that's the one drawback I find. Often I wouldn't get to bed until around 4am on a Friday/Saturday and that can really leave you wrecked for a few days afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Fad wrote: »
    Billy? You've stopped lurking and actually posted, now I'll bother you everyday by quoting what you say on the internet! (If this happens not to be Billy, ignore this :))

Last time before the 23rd this Saturday I think, although 4 weekend next week, UCD open day, then 3 day weekend.

I am sorry mate,whos billy?:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

it's a bit early for cutting back on going on! I go pretty much every weekend unless I'm skint. If you go out on a saturday try and do your homework friday evening or saturday, sorted

poisonated wrote: »
    I am sorry mate,whos billy?:p

Well if you are who I think who you are I'll glare at you tomorrow, if not well, i'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

I think you're starting to worry about it waaayyyyy to soon. I'm not going to start studying till after Christmas. For now, I'm just taking notes. I've got a dreadful memory, so there wouldn't be any point in studying now for me.
    Don't ever sacrifice your free time, jeez. Otherwise you'd tear your hair out!
    (please note this is coming from a very laid-back guy)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Saruwatari wrote: »
    I think you're starting to worry about it waaayyyyy to soon. I'm not going to start studying till after Christmas. For now, I'm just taking notes. I've got a dreadful memory, so there wouldn't be any point in studying now for me.
    Don't ever sacrifice your free time, jeez. Otherwise you'd tear your hair out!
    (please note this is coming from a very laid-back guy)
    Yeah but doing some stuff you can remember now does help. For example, I'm a very forgetful person but I'd never forget something like the formation of waterfalls, human interaction with the rock cycle etc. Study the stuff you know will definitely benefit you in the long run for now, imo.

Also, mocks in 76 days. Might be something to think about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

I only really started going out this year cos my mum is finally happy to give me enough freedom to go out drinking. I'm not able to do any work when I'm hungover or tired so I'm trying to cut down on the amount I go out because there's always a tonne to do at the weekend. I've actually been looking forward to staying in this weekend so that I can get stuff done and save some money. Most of the girls in my year and myself included are all trying to cut down on the amount we go out (trying to make it once every 2-3 weeks) and most of us reckon it'll be once a month after Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I kept the weekends to myself in 6th year. That is to say, I avoided studying then. (Long distance relationship also eats up a lot of weekends I'll tell you.) It worked out well in the end, but involved a lot of extremely busy weeks making sure I had everything done by Friday, so I had the weekend to myself. Personally I liked having the freedom on the weekends, but I can see how the extra work during the week makes it kinda crappy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

i went out every weekend up to mid oct. then i stopped,becoz it took me a good while to get ready, and i be home very late then i be sleeping on sunday= end up with no work done..so yea haven't been out since then ..OMG:eek:it has been so long...

well instead i am going out to his house every friday( or go out if there was an 18th on ) , providing that i have my hw done for the weekend and provding that i have been studying during the week...so yea, it's a reward really......

i be out for xmas tho...o_o and then for my birthday...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

i go out every weekend but not like to clubs or pubs.

oh and 188 days till the leaving :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I go out just about every weekend, I'd go crazy otherwise!
    It's the only chance I have to see most of my friends who are off in colleges scattered around the country. And it's nice ti get a break as well like.

I do think that going out and getting absolutely LOCKED in some random club is a stupid idea though- as long as you go easy on the oul' alcohol all's well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Monday-Wednesday €3 drinks is all I'm saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Go out every weekend. Don't get people who don't go out at night. You have plenty of time to work during the day. You're clearly not going to be working all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I go out a bit, every 2 or 3 weeks. It's kinda hard though because I have a job as well, and also a girlfriend, so they both take up a lot of my saturdays! Fridays aren't an option for a variety of reasons...

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭--homeslice--

i go out every weekend too! If you just work throughout the week I find that I'm not feeling guilty by going out at the weekend!

Well if you are who I think who you are I'll glare at you tomorrow, if not well, i'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Folks I am not insane, it was who I thought it was, he got one damn good glaring!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Sure all anybody out there wants to do is drink.

No, my weekends are spent curing cancer.

EDIT:
    And there's some freak who keeps lurking around here, keeps insisting I know him. Then he pays some poor bastard I know in real life to bring it up in a conversation, and pretend to be him! He insists that it's really him, but I know better. All part of being a crime fighter.

Davidius wrote: »
    Sure all anybody out there wants to do is drink.

No, my weekends are spent curing cancer.

Combine the two, drinking cancer? or curing cancer with drink?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Combine the two, drinking cancer? or curing cancer with drink?
    I remember when the treatment for cancer was drink, cigarettes and junk food.

Apparently they're beginning to suspect they may have been going the wrong way about it.

Davidius wrote: »
    I remember when the treatment for cancer was drink, cigarettes and junk food.

Apparently they're beginning to suspect they may have been going the wrong way about it.

Pure speculation I assure you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭leprehaungirl

I go out most weekends ...Id kill myself otherwise..its the only thing that keeps me going during the week!I usually get most of my work done on Saturday so Sunday is free for arsing about :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I take Satuday off and work on Sunday. Works for me :)

Advertisement