Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Java-based applet for client-side folder browsing

Options
  • 26-11-2008 6:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi

I need some advice - not sure if this is possible due to browser security.

I have an application that, in order for users to use it, they need to select local folders (similiar to a file chooser dialog, but I need it only for folders) on their machine. They do this by using a stand alone application that the client executes on their pc's.

I was wondering if this is possible by using a web browser though. The client would go to a website, pick local folders by means of the applet on their local machine, and store it on the webpage (via db naturally). Due to security issues ASP.Net does not expose the full file path when, you say, use the upload control. Would something like this be possible if you incorporated a java applet into a webpage?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Advertisement