Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC World

• 26-11-2008 7:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭

Just bought a Western Digital 1tb external harddrive from PC world today.
    It was advertised at €139.99. When I payed for the item with my credit card it was €119.99. A few minutes later I overheard some of them say it was the wrong price to themselves, then I went.
    So my questions are,
    Will they or are they capable of putting an extra charge on my credit card later on to cover themselves? and if thats the case can I go back and demand my €20 back?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

i would think they have sold you the item at that price and can not now look for a further payment as the contract of sale is in place but if you needed a refund for any reason they would not have to give you the displayed price only the price you paid.

but as with many other services they may charge your card as they then have your money and it is so hard to claim the money back most people wouldn't bother!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

They would have to justify why they added an additional charge on his card without his permission for a start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

They would have said it to you if it was an issue. You got a bargain Enjoy it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

Well I don't think they saw me, they thought I leavt.
    Also would they need my pin number in order to charge extra?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

No they won't charge you extra. The prices are changed daily, the sign may have said €139.99 and might have only been updated on the system today

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Don't worry. They can't.

A few weeks ago I was in there and bought a linksys usb wifi adapter (needed one on the spot for work) and when I went to pay they wanted a tenner more than the price on the shelf.

I refused and they accepted the shelf price and mentioned that it happens a lot due to stock changes (they seem to have a deep desire to move everything around once a month).

I logged a complaint with the NCA who asked for further details and then (as per usual practice) went totally silent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

How often have you bought something in pc world and you find out it's the wrong price. This always happens to me.

I am definitely gonna report them to the NCA cause their pricing system is a joke!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

Checked my statement and wasn't charged extra.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

It is possible for a retailer to alter the charge after you have PIN verified, but they would need to be able to justify it. Since you'd have a credit card receipt with the original price, they wouldn't be able to do this. You would therefore be able to reverse the extra charge.

Once money has changed hands, and the retailer accepted the price, then that's it. For them to charge more, they would have to tell you the correct price before you paid and before they accepted payment.

Advertisement