Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honours Irish - Leaving Cert

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kistelli

Ya that's true I wouldn't be surprised if she came up in the aural...I hate the aural! I can never understand the Northern Irish dialects! My class aren't actually doing any of the people for the stair question, we're only doing the pieces on the history of the Irish language, my teacher thinks there's way too much to learn about the people...The Irish course is so hard, I think it's ridiculous that there's so much emphasis on learning answers off by heart-I don't think it's a fair test of your language skills. One of my friends is a Gaelgeoir and he only got an A2 in his L.C.!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Redbhoy

Personally the dialects dont bother me but I think the northern dialect is spoken very slowly so its easier to catch than the rest.
    Being fluent at Irish isnt a guarantee of an A1. Arent most of us relatively fluent at English and how many get A1s in that??

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Twinkle-star15

I'd love if Peig Sayers came up! Irish college in Dingle- heard about nothing else for three weeks! Well, there was a little Maic Dainín thrown in :P.

I've been hearing cúlú as definite, as well as An Céad Dráma for the mocks, but not in the LC, Dá mB'fhéidir, An Máthair, An Bhean Óg.... basically everything that's already been mentioned :P. Wish there was some way to know for sure though- there's way too much to learn on the Irish course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Redbhoy wrote: »
    Personally the dialects dont bother me but I think the northern dialect is spoken very slowly so its easier to catch than the rest.
    Being fluent at Irish isnt a guarantee of an A1. Arent most of us relatively fluent at English and how many get A1s in that??

Tis actually a good point but I think they're corrected differently tho so being fluent is a major adv.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Does anyone know where I can get notes on Peig?
    I really need them.
    Or even a brief summary of the book!
    Please and thanks:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Mr.Helpful

Heres a tip for all of you who want to pass HL Irish in June, practice your spoken Irish, listening and your aiste for paper 1 and I can say you will be very close to the 40% mark. However with regards to whats coming up, I would strongly urge to look at da m'bhfeidir. I wouldnt go to deep over the Cathal O searcaighs poems. For those who are saying look @ recession, i wouldnt since the papers were set around the Hallowe'n break and really the word "recession" hadnt hit the ground. Yet I would look over the Celtic Tiger, I might come up!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Mr.Helpful wrote: »
    Heres a tip for all of you who want to pass HL Irish in June, practice your spoken Irish, listening and your aiste for paper 1 and I can say you will be very close to the 40% mark. However with regards to whats coming up, I would strongly urge to look at da m'bhfeidir. I wouldnt go to deep over the Cathal O searcaighs poems. For those who are saying look @ recession, i wouldnt since the papers were set around the Hallowe'n break and really the word "recession" hadnt hit the ground. Yet I would look over the Celtic Tiger, I might come up!!! :D

I'm pretty sure we had an essay done on our flailing economy before midterm, also they do try and keep the paper relevant, so while I wouldnt bet money on it, I'd would strongly anticipate the Cúlú to come up........

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Mr.Helpful wrote: »
    For those who are saying look @ recession, i wouldnt since the papers were set around the Hallowe'n break and really the word "recession" hadnt hit the ground. Yet I would look over the Celtic Tiger, I might come up!!! :D

Sure the whole thing kicked off around October, I'd say it'svery likely to come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I'd say it's likely to come up too. It mightn't be directly about it or as bad as it is now in the question but you could definitely stick it in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 gillian86

Hey does any1 ave any ideas on what kind of question will come up 4 An Cearrbhach? Did it come up in the mocks? If so what was d question? Thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 NANNE

HI I WAS JUST WONDERING HOW PEOPLE ARE GETTING ON WITH THE IRISH COURSE? ANY TIPS ETC ON WHAT MIGHT COME UP?? IM A MATURE STUDENT REPEATING EXTERNALLY THIS YEAR 2011 SO I'M FINDING IT QUITE DIFFICULT SO ANY TIPS/ADVICE WOULD BE GREAT! Thanks! smile.gif

Advertisement