Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slanket

• 26-11-2008 7:17pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know where I'd be able to get 1 of these? Everywhere seems to be sold out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

Hi, Not sure where you would get one other than the Slanket website, but you're probably looking at about €100 for it altogether with the product, shipping & likely customs.

Where had you tried that they were out of stock? Would be interested in getting one myself if anywhere in Ireland had them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Tried the usual places (Firebox and the likes), the main site can't confirm delivery in time for Christmas to Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

Have you tried here??

http://www.prezzybox.com/products/index.aspx?pid=5103

Link is to the pink one which is pre-order. Dark blue is in stock though.

€50 for a bleedin' blanket?? Just buy an XXXL fleece dressing gown....LOL

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I know, it's a crazy price to me, but it's a present, I think herself would like it and it would save on the heating bills :)

I'll check out that lot, thanks devine

They are all out of stock on all of them (till the 9th of December) and they don't ship to the Republic :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Clareman wrote: »
    They are all out of stock on all of them (till the 9th of December) and they don't ship to the Republic :(

14041.jpg

Pity, I wanted a brown one, always wanted to look like a monk! :D:D:D

invest4deepvalue.com

I was thinking more of a homosexual jedi myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

Appear to be available and in stock on amazon

$45 a piece and shipping is the same. Working out at around €72 delivered.

http://www.amazon.com/Slanket-Blanket-Adult-Blanket-Ruby/dp/B0018SACP6/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1227795780&sr=8-1

Cheers, is it just me or is it wrong to spend as much on shipping as on the product?

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Maldini2706

They're available at prezziesplus.co.uk, delivery is about €20

• Advertisement

Cheers, they are on pre-order there as well. I managed to get 1 off ebay for a finish, 40 quid and 8 quid delivery, still nasty expensive for a blanket, herself also announced that "this stupid yoke of a blanket, who would want 1 of those?" are 1 of the must haves for Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

firebox tell me they will have it back in stock next week, and if pre-ordered should ship in time for xmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,937 ✭✭✭✭Basq

For fecks sake.. get a big blanket and staple together some material for armholes.

Don't waste your money!

A friend had a bad expierence with Firebox in the past so I was worried about ordering from there with their estimated times.

Your an old romantic basq :)

clareman, i'll prob be ordering one too for the gf, and i know one of the firebox staff, we might be able to get them shipped together if u want? might even wrangle a discount.i'll keep on her case about if they'd be shipped in time.

zuroph wrote: »
    clareman, i'll prob be ordering one too for the gf, and i know one of the firebox staff, we might be able to get them shipped together if u want? might even wrangle a discount.i'll keep on her case about if they'd be shipped in time.
    Cheers mate, I got 1 on ebay for a finish

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

ordered one from prezziesplus.co.uk on Sunday and arrived yesterday......she's happy

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

So its comming up to christmas again.. anyone know best place to get one of these?

€8 for an unofficial one in your local Pennies..

Amazon.co.uk have a large selection of Snug rugs & slankets from about £17.50 upwards.

gstore.ie down in Cork also have the real deal but are more expensive....

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

good call on the pennys one might check it out, thing with amazon they're all 3rd party and the postage does be about £30

Pennies have them in green, brown and red.

Picked up a brown myself.. they're grand.

basquille wrote: »
    Pennies have them in green, brown and red.

Picked up a brown myself.. they're grand.

14041.jpg

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

the one from penneys is crap. i bought one thinking it'd be like a robe but it's just a blanket that happens to have sleeves. Grand when you're on the couch but when standing up and walking they're stupid

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    Grand when you're on the couch but when standing up and walking they're stupid
    Agreed... going to the shops in it is a bastard!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

bought one thinking it'd be like a robe but it's just a blanket that happens to have sleeves
    that's what a slanket is, it's not a robe, you can't wear it around the house, or shopping

I have an unused 1 upstairs somewhere if anyone is still looking for 1, it wasn't the great present that I thought it would be :(

Clareman wrote: »
    I have an unused 1 upstairs somewhere if anyone is still looking for 1, it wasn't the great present that I thought it would be :(
    women eh?!

zuroph wrote: »
    women eh?!
    It's the thought that counts after all :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭smallgarden

if anyone can sew theyre fairly easy to make.and fleece will cost around 20euro to buy in fabric shop.and the fleece is much better and warmer.heres a link with basic instructions.
    http://www.sissonfamily.com/Sewingroom/images/2006projects/thesnuglet.pdf

Advertisement