Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No POST beeps from motherboard

Options
  • 26-11-2008 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I recently ordered the following kit from overclockers:

£115.99 x 1 - Intel Core 2 Quad Pro Q6600 "Energy Efficient SLACR 95W Edition" 2.40GHz (1066FSB) - Retail
    £106.99 x 1 - LG W2242S-PF 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor - Black
    £84.99 x 1 - Asus P5Q Intel P45 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard
    £64.99 x 1 - Corsair TX 650W ATX2.2 SLi Compliant PSU
    £54.99 x 1 - Gainward ATI Radeon HD 3850 Pro 512MB GDDR3 TV-OutDual DVIHDMI (PCI-Express) - Retail
    £34.99 x 1 - Kingston HyperX 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 PC2-8500C6 1066MHz Dual Channel Kit (KHX8500AD2K24G)
    £15.99 x 1 - Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro CPU Cooler (Socket LGA775)
    £13.99 x 1 - Sony NEC Optiarc AD-7200S 20x DVD±RW SATA Dual Layer ReWriter (Silver) - OEM
    £59.99 x 1 - Lian Li PC-A05A Aluminium Midi-Tower - Silver

I RMA'd the motherboard because it was screwed when it got here (wouldn't power up). That's another matter, anyhow.

I got the replacement today, hooked up the motherboard, gfx card, memory, cpu, cpu heatsink and fan and PSU, and power on. It powers on fine, everything's whirring nicely, but no data is sent to the monitor.

So I think maybe I need to use the DVI output with the flatscreen, so I go out and get a DVI to VGA cable, but that results in the same problem.

I tried using my TV as well (which also has a vga socket) and no dice.

Then I tried removing the RAM and booting, as I should get POST beeps about there being no memory installed. No beeps were produced at all.

I have the PC speaker plugged in. I'm using the handy all-in-one plug that came with the motherboard (into which you plug the speaker, power switch, reset switch, etc, and then plug the all-in-one into the motherboard), with the writing on the individual plugs (SPEAKER, PWR SWITCH etc) facing outwards, as shown in the photos in the mobo manual.

What should I do?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,265 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

have you got all the power supply connected to the motherboard

should really make some sort of sound if its working at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Kopf

Yes,

It's connected everywhere it needs to be. I switch on and the gfx card powers up, cpu fan powers up and the extra case fan powers up.

Advertisement