Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cheap Petrol, Thank God

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Ronan H

Maxol on Fairyhouse Road: Unleaded @ 99.9c per litre :eek:. Tis the first time I have seen prices below a Euro in about 5 years or more, I think...

Twas funny, a lady in an Avensis went into the shop and pre-paid for €60.00 of petrol and she returned after fuelling to say that she couldn't fit it in and hadn't realised the prices had plummeted!

I have a 1.4 Renault Megane which a couple of weeks ago cost me €75.00 to fill from empty, today it cost me €50.00, happy days!

Petrol Head

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Ronan H

mickdw wrote: »
    You are right but sometimes its just handy to pick something up and yes I know I am getting ripped off

I agree. I'm a believer in convenience over price (within reason). I could do without the hassle of going an extra kilometer to the supermarket to get something 50c cheaper than the garage when it adds about 10 minutes to my trip :). Not very cost effective I know, but hey...

Head

• Registered Users Posts: 24,511 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Head wrote: »
    I agree. I'm a believer in convenience over price (within reason). I could do without the hassle of going an extra kilometer to the supermarket to get something 50c cheaper than the garage when it adds about 10 minutes to my trip :). Not very cost effective I know, but hey...

Head

You're right, it not always about getting the cheapest possible. Its also to do with how you value you time, is 10 mins of you time only worth the 50c you're saving? Probably not (unless it's works time:D).

• Registered Users Posts: 68,988 ✭✭✭✭L1011

sdonn_1 wrote: »
    Shell and Statoil. What I mean is, "is it safe to presume Applegreen will be acquiring all the TOP franchises and therefore that the same deals etc will be available anywhere there's currently a TOP".

Its not an Applegreen at all! TOP are still an indepdendent firm and the station only became a TOP in the past 8 weeks or so at that.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

99.9c at Texaco in Artane.

• Advertisement
Advertisement