Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Warranty's read the small print!

Options
  • 26-11-2008 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

last december i bought a used car from an opel dealer when the sales man was selling me the car he said it was covered under the network q warranty which included an unlimited 1year milage warranty!deal agreed i went off to sort out the cash. came back an hour later to collect the keys and sign the paper work and hand over the readies.
    this is where i should have read the contracr as in stead of the network q warranty the sales man wrote in a limiten milage warranty. this didnt come to light until today when i dropped the car back to get a few things looked at before the warranty was un. they take the car and obviously have found a few thing wrong as all of a sudden they are saying it never had a network q warranty and only a limited milage warranty. so moral of the story is allways read the small print!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,455 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I wouldn't leave it at that. Find out if there was a pattern at the time for cars with the Opel network q warranty, i.e. under a certain age, over a certain value or both

If your car fits the pattern, I think you might have a case and you could (threaten to) take them to (the small claims) court (ask a solicitor)

If there is no such pattern or your car doesn't fit it, try and get a goodwill deal from the garage, but play nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

hoppy wrote: »
    last december i bought a used car from an opel dealer when the sales man was selling me the car he said it was covered under the network q warranty which included an unlimited 1year milage warranty!deal agreed i went off to sort out the cash. came back an hour later to collect the keys and sign the paper work and hand over the readies.
    this is where i should have read the contracr as in stead of the network q warranty the sales man wrote in a limiten milage warranty. this didnt come to light until today when i dropped the car back to get a few things looked at before the warranty was un. they take the car and obviously have found a few thing wrong as all of a sudden they are saying it never had a network q warranty and only a limited milage warranty. so moral of the story is allways read the small print!

What did they find wrong with the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭hoppy

the main thing i was worried about was it was starting to, give imobilizer problems,also the passenger side electric window would go down but not up (107euro broken switch apparently)the also said the front discs and pads need doing would have been covered under the network q warranty. they have agreed to sent it to a nissan main dealer to run diags on the immobiliser so waiting fro them to get back to me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

hoppy wrote: »
    the main thing i was worried about was it was starting to, give imobilizer problems,also the passenger side electric window would go down but not up (107euro broken switch apparently)the also said the front discs and pads need doing would have been covered under the network q warranty. they have agreed to sent it to a nissan main dealer to run diags on the immobiliser so waiting fro them to get back to me now.

I would expect the starting (immobiliser) and electric window problem to be covered. But pads and discs are wear and tear items so are not covered by warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,455 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

crosstownk wrote: »
    But pads and discs are wear and tear items so are not covered by warranty.

+1

They could never be part of any warranty

• Advertisement
Advertisement