Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to pay the mods

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I think boards is a very well run site and the mods do a thankless job.

Ive been thinking about this and Im sure it really it is 100% true. As Dev pointed out the admins do express their gratitude at every opportunity but from a poster's perspective we do too, in our own way.

Obviously the more time you spend on boards.ie the more you get to know users. I can only comment on the forums i frequent but i have grown to respect and appreciate the mods who in essence often run forums as opposed to just moderate them to ensure that we as users get the most out of it. I wont list everyone but i will just use one example which is the Film forum. KH does a top job of running the forum and keeping things on track. the regular posters there who see this often express their appreciation.

Now while its never going to be as good as buying someone a beer but i dont think its fair to say that it goes unnoticed or unappreciative. I suppose if mods did feel unappreciated, there would probably be a higher turnover.

I can understand it though for mods who manage AH and forums that often attract controversial opinions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Daithi McGee

Faceman & DeV I meant Thankless in the more general way. I am sure they do get thanks in many ways, mod beers etc, and Via the Thanks button now. But in General I don't think people realise how much time it can take from them, in the effort that sometimes goes into PM's when dealing with issues. Getting grief from the damned if you do and damned if you don't scenarios etc Have not dealt with many but I am sure a few are proabbly below par, statisticaly speaking. 600 and all.

Not Gem though. She is Top notch from my slightly minor dealings with her. And Gordo would be my gay boyfriend if I was gay and maybe he was gay and like, we found each other mutually attractive and he didn't mind being the more female.

And I don't complain about the Admins either! Some people like Golden Spiders and some others like Golden apples. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

There's no way in hell I would accept payment as a moderator. Bribes, maybe.

Well in fairness you moderate Zombies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

And Gordo would be my gay boyfriend if I was gay and maybe he was gay and like, we found each other mutually attractive and he didn't mind being the more female.

Quoting this because its awesome, and well, i'm vaguely aroused. Though i'm getting reported to the admins, so i think i'm one of them bad mods :(

Advertisement