Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NXE Friends list?

• 26-11-2008 8:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭

Alright, i downloaded the NXE and its kinda cool looking, i love the whole 3d avatar thing :D but..

When you go into friends list, you get a cycle of their avatars, the online ones being 'awake' and gesturing and the offlines being asleep. :cool:

All well and good, but i noticed that there is like box things behind them?

For example my little brothers on isnt very flashy, but someone has a 10 foot high guitar on theirs? :confused:

So can you determine what goes there, or does anyone know what does?

I cant find anything on it on the xbox live site.

Thanks guys :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

I think it might be to do with the last game played..........not sure though

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Nope, what appears behind each person is just random. If you buy one of the "premium" themes though, as opposed to one of the previous static themes they had then you will get different stuff appearing behind people based on that theme.

Example

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

robinph wrote: »
    Nope, what appears behind each person is just random. If you buy one of the "premium" themes though, as opposed to one of the previous static themes they had then you will get different stuff appearing behind people based on that theme.

Example

So a guy i have added has a big old model xbox on his, that means that he has the old xbox theme? :confused:

Best exampe i can find of what i mean:
    http://www.gamersglobal.com/files/imagecache/full_teaser/files/news_teaser/xbox%20dashb.png

See those "Tree" things?
    (obviously this is just a mock-up)

Thats what i mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭xo_CHEWY_ox

no it depends on the theme you are using.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

All based on your theme, not theirs. There are a couple of free premium themes that came with the NXE update, but I cannot remember if they changed the freinds list backgrounds at all or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭xo_CHEWY_ox

yea they do, im using "night" it has cop cars, a bar and other stuff as those friends list things

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 319 ✭✭jamsieboy86

I was wondering about this too, may check out some premium themes.

The dashboard is way better now, its nearly as good as the ps3's XrossMediaBar, the old one was very cluttered and busy. The new is still a little busy on the eye, but much improved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Heres a good thread with pics of most of the new premium themes.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=342627

There is also a tip in there on the second last page that if you downloaded the Gears 2 Bare Your Teeth and/or Hope Runs Deep original themes way back when they came out and you delete them from your HD, then re-download them from your download history you will get the premium version of the themes. Did it myself with Hope Runs Deep and it does work.

Advertisement