Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air source heat pump and oil boiler

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Wobs

Hi Mick2907,

One of the reasons your costs are so high is because you are trying to run rads off it. Heat pumps are designed to run at low temperatures and are only suited to UFH. Youo will find a lot of people who complain about running cost's of heat pumps have rads.

Can you tell us:

How big your house is?
    The size of the heat pump (KW)?
    The size of your collector bed?

Heat pumps very well work if they are sized correctly in a well insulated house with UFH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Lightning McQue

Its an air to water heat pump

11 Kw as far as I can remember

Its COP at A+2/w35 is 3.40

Lightning

Thanks Lightning,

I guess from the thread title I should have known it was an air to water:rolleyes:

Mick does your system have a buffer tank for the defrost cycle? One of the main problems with air to water systems is the moisture content in our air causes the evaporator's to freeze alot. A well installed system should have a buffer tank to defrost it and not rely on an electrical element to do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭al2009

Do they not use reverse cycle to defrost?

al

Yeah sorry some use reverse cycle or heating element. But the best way is to use a buffer tank. Unfortunatley this puts up the price of the system so alot of guys won't include it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Lightning McQue

Wobs

Are you sure about this?

The cost of the air source heat pump = cost of ground source + collector

You save on the excavation costs.

The price for the Dimplex mentioned above for the air source and ground source worked out at the same.

Lightning

• Registered Users Posts: 28 reidyj

Hi Mick, did you ever reduce your bills. I work with heatpumps i might be able to offer some help if you like? The Dimplex LA11 is a great system if set up properly and correctly sized. If you dont mind me asking (i wont ask for compnay name) where was the company based you dealt with?

J

• Registered Users Posts: 17 The First Guru

80 degree heat pumps have been available for over two years now.
    Why wait?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,015 ✭✭✭✭muffler

80 degree heat pumps have been available for over two years now.
    Why wait?
    And this thread has been dead for 2.5 years now. Please dont gravedig old threads.

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement